Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (2 Viewers)

On the upside, thumped is likely to see an upturn in traffic as we all panic consume news from our isolation.

this is not 'a flu'.

Yes, and the masks do fuck all, same as they do fuck all to stop people catching the flu, which can also kill people, so considering that the masks have the exact same effect on both illnesses, and both illnesses can cause death, why haven't the people wearing the masks been wearing them all the time forever?

Does he have VHI?

If he gets sick, they will fly him back.
Nope he’s a pensioner so just has his medical card.
He was finally willing to pay for travel insurance (he’s 6 months there, 6 months at home) but that’s only because he had to have an operation the last time and ended up in a hospital that makes you bring your own bed and food.

If I can’t bring him back, cremation over there isn’t the same as here.
They still build pyres and I don’t think it would get hot enough that I can fit him in a jar. Airports probably won’t let me through with bones.
Again I know how callus I sound, but how that man made it to almost 70 already is a miracle.

On the plus side, funerals in his village sound lovely (apart from the burning dogs in the middle of the square).
Everyone brings food and chairs, they set a projector up and just watch all the persons favourite films for the night.

If I can’t bring him back, cremation over there isn’t the same as here.
They still build pyres and I don’t think it would get hot enough that I can fit him in a jar. Airports probably won’t let me through with bones.
Again I know how callus I sound, but how that man made it to almost 70 already is a miracle.

On the plus side, funerals in his village sound lovely (apart from the burning dogs in the middle of the square).
Everyone brings food and chairs, they set a projector up and just watch all the persons favourite films for the night.

Shit
Pyres and movies?
That's how I want to go out

I can actually see it getting to a point where they have to make a decision to just turn everything back on again, cos the prospect of us all turning into murderous savages would seem more appealing than a hefty death rate from Covid-19.

Not that we're anywhere near that yet, but 6 months down the line, we could be.

Yes, and the masks do fuck all, same as they do fuck all to stop people catching the flu, which can also kill people, so considering that the masks have the exact same effect on both illnesses, and both illnesses can cause death, why haven't the people wearing the masks been wearing them all the time forever?

the masks do not do ‘fuck all’
They help stop you touching your face
They also help stop you spreading it if you are carrying it.
also, the death rate for covid-19 V the Flu is much higher. And you can have it over a week before showing symptoms, if any before you pass it on.

In situations where you are out and about in an infected area / high risk of transmission, wearing a mask can help.
If not, there is not much point, but ‘better safe than not’ is what some people are obviously thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back