Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (1 Viewer)

Its so hard to know! I think the general idea is that people may just wear gloves all day but then take them off/not wash them, etc. Whereas, the best defense is regular handwashing and santizing areas?

When I was doing homecare work and using gloves,I was told to wash hands before putting them on,and after taking off and disposing of the gloves.

I see people in the streets now with those masks, and I'm like, do these people not realise that you can get a flu at any time during the year, so shouldn't they just be permanently wearing those masks if they think it helps?

Figures I’ve just had quoted at me from the missus who knows her stuff:
if you contract it,
there’s an 80% chance you’ll show mild flu-y symptoms / be grand
14% chance you’ll have complications / be hit hard by it but ultimately be ok
3% are fucked (underlying issues)

So Chances are you’ll get it. and be fine (at our age).
really fuckin worried about the old folks though.

My Dad is living in The Golden Triangle in Thailand at the moment.
It’s a really rural area, about 5 hours drive from the nearest large town and hospital.
He said there were a lot of sick people in the area that weren’t being reported, and then went on to say there was an elephant in his garden.
As a natural worrier I thought he had a fever and was hallucinating.
Then he sent me photos of the elephant, that really was wandering around the place.

It’s pretty morbid but in the past I’ve had to look into how we’d repatriate him if something happened. This was because there’s been incidents involving bar fights, scorpion bites, Hells Angles in Cambodia, Russian “businessmen” in Laos and my dad being a fucking stress inducing nightmare in general.
If he gets sick and needs help, I don’t know how I’d be able to get over there and if the worst happens I’m not sure we could get him back.

maybe it has. this article predicts that the actual occurence in the population is betwen 10 and 100 times the actual confirmed cases.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Culturally and technologically more prepared, esp after SARS. I was terrified for my fam in taiwan at first and now Ireland and Taiwan are on the same #s, despite much more time since their first diagnoses. Taiwan and Singapore have acted proactively not reactionarily like most of Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back