Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

it's kinda funny to watch; for some reason in a bundle of tweets i saw last night, they'd managed to drag some irish times journalist in, demanding that he investigate this. his reaction was 'meh, call the gardai' and was met with outraged 'BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT. TWITTER IMPORTANT'

Any links, this sounds like gold.

Christ help us. I'm over-hearing the kid's school because the headphone battery died.

The indoctrination and propaganda that gets rammed down their throats is relentless. Today's lesson is "China is shit".

Since March I'v been in my 'go to work, come home, watch tv" bubble. Seeing my immediate family etc. It has been grand.
Last night I had a 5 minute face to face with thumped's own @chris d. This was great. However got quite emotional on the drive home. That simple meeting reminded me of everything we've been missing.
Can't wait for this to be over.
luv u all.

Since March I'v been in my 'go to work, come home, watch tv" bubble. Seeing my immediate family etc. It has been grand.
Last night I had a 5 minute face to face with thumped's own @chris d. This was great. However got quite emotional on the drive home. That simple meeting reminded me of everything we've been missing.
luv u all.

As the youths say, hard relate.

luv u all.
aww, we need a 'Things I'm Jealous of' thread. I'd love a 5-minute face-to-face with @chris d too

luv u all.

I've been the same but without the actual going into work part. Overall, I'm not really missing going out too much. I am just sort of in that bubble right now.
One time where it hit home for me in a weird way was a few weeks back. About 2 years ago, me and a good few mates went to see a guy called Jeff Rosenstock in the Workman's. It was an awesome gig, really good fun, we danced our arses off at it. A few weeks back he did his only band gig this year as a live stream and I watched it at home on my own on Saturday night. The band were all wearing face masks and the bass player was in a completely different location. I got weirdly emotional at the end when he said "We'll see you guys next week, no, just kidding." It was one of those times where the strangeness of the whole thing kind of kicked in.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

haha, well a couple of things about this.

assuming all of them live within 5km of South William St, what laws are they breaking? Not saying they shouldn't be doing it, or that they shouldn't exercise a bit more cop-on but, relative to the hordes down swimming in the sea every day, the vast majority of whom do not live within 5km of the poxy thing, the reaction is disproportionate. The only explanation being, sea-swimming is obviously the preserve of the well-to-do (what the rugby rah-rah-rah crowd do in their time off being rugby pricks), and Fine Gael would never orchestrate a twitter bad-publicity campaign against them.

Which is bollox also. The difference is booze. But then, the govt have decided booze is essential, by allowing offies and take-away pints during the strictest lockdown.

There's just no consistency in anything really, is there.

I'd like to take up sea swimming too but I'm not getting into Dublin bay. They were talking about this on the radio recently, some medical guy said it's good for you, gets the circulation going and boosts the immune system. A listener texted in to ask if a cold shower would have the same benefits and he said yes it does as long as you stay in long enough to get really freezing and shivery so I've started doing that. It's fairly miserable.

I'd like to take up sea swimming too but I'm not getting into Dublin bay. They were talking about this on the radio recently, some medical guy said it's good for you, gets the circulation going and boosts the immune system. A listener texted in to ask if a cold shower would have the same benefits and he said yes it does as long as you stay in long enough to get really freezing and shivery so I've started doing that. It's fairly miserable.
enjoy the misery, Shaney

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back