Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (6 Viewers)

ann post

Supporter
Threads
I mean they are visible and all that

But the same people probably didn't buy a few billion bottles of water at work and fuck them into a bin either.

ann post

Supporter
Threads
My colleage has been feeding me the theory that we all had the rona before xmas. I want to call bullshit so I checked with my accupuncturist the dates they suggested because they have a whole ongoing diary of my moaning.

Anywho I was all for trashing the theory and then acc writes back and says 'oh yeah that week you said you were too sick to come, and you didn't want me getting whatever you had'.

FFS. Someone give me some science.

hiadudiad?

Supporter
Threads
If it was widespread before xmas or in January would the hospitals not have started filling up and people dying months sooner than happened? Ask her for her science

magicbastarder

Threads
Website
stroma.org
i remember reading about a dose of the flu which was predicted to land here during the winter, and that was before all this covid 19 talk.

Unicron

Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
If it was widespread before xmas or in January would the hospitals not have started filling up and people dying months sooner than happened? Ask her for her science
This is the big thing that makes me dismiss the theories that lots of people had it ages ago. Surely the health services would notice a major spike in very ill people or deaths. I had a dose in February that had me under the weather for about 3 weeks but I still think it was just a normal winter dose.

ann post

Supporter
Threads
This is the big thing that makes me dismiss the theories that lots of people had it ages ago. Surely the health services would notice a major spike in very ill people or deaths. I had a dose in February that had me under the weather for about 3 weeks but I still think it was just a normal winter dose.
Ok a further investigation, looking at my work diary I'm ruling it out totally. The days I would have been 'a carrier':

mon/tue/wed - worked day shifts and worked night shifts doing sound at a theatre.
thurs - train to bjork in dublin
fri - live sound in tiny venue 5 - 2am shift.
sat - went to mobbed gig with travelling bands in tiny room.

I'd have killed half of the country

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
My colleage has been feeding me the theory that we all had the rona before xmas.
Varadkar said that last week. I reckon there's a good chance I had it in December. Regardless, once the antibody testing is reasonably widely available, I'll go get tested.

30k reported cases but they reckon the real number is 10x that.

Maybe we didn't notice it as much before xmas because the numbers were small, and those croaking it were few and far between. Plus, in the height of winter flu season everyone is gonna just assume its that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 1)

• G
  • hugh
  • IFF
  • pete

We're listening to...

• Happy Birthday
    Mars in Virgo
    Sneaks
    Happy Birthday

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads