Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

My colleage has been feeding me the theory that we all had the rona before xmas. I want to call bullshit so I checked with my accupuncturist the dates they suggested because they have a whole ongoing diary of my moaning.

Anywho I was all for trashing the theory and then acc writes back and says 'oh yeah that week you said you were too sick to come, and you didn't want me getting whatever you had'.

FFS. Someone give me some science.

If it was widespread before xmas or in January would the hospitals not have started filling up and people dying months sooner than happened? Ask her for her science

This is the big thing that makes me dismiss the theories that lots of people had it ages ago. Surely the health services would notice a major spike in very ill people or deaths. I had a dose in February that had me under the weather for about 3 weeks but I still think it was just a normal winter dose.

This is the big thing that makes me dismiss the theories that lots of people had it ages ago. Surely the health services would notice a major spike in very ill people or deaths. I had a dose in February that had me under the weather for about 3 weeks but I still think it was just a normal winter dose.

Ok a further investigation, looking at my work diary I'm ruling it out totally. The days I would have been 'a carrier':

mon/tue/wed - worked day shifts and worked night shifts doing sound at a theatre.
thurs - train to bjork in dublin
fri - live sound in tiny venue 5 - 2am shift.
sat - went to mobbed gig with travelling bands in tiny room.

I'd have killed half of the country

My colleage has been feeding me the theory that we all had the rona before xmas.

Varadkar said that last week. I reckon there's a good chance I had it in December. Regardless, once the antibody testing is reasonably widely available, I'll go get tested.

30k reported cases but they reckon the real number is 10x that.

Maybe we didn't notice it as much before xmas because the numbers were small, and those croaking it were few and far between. Plus, in the height of winter flu season everyone is gonna just assume its that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back