Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (7 Viewers)

The government is also getting some serious criticism for constantly failing to meet the testing targets its giving itself.

Baseless speculation and rage spirals welcome.

unfortunately for the govt, the testing targets are the main reason for the expected extension.

which would be fair enough if they were honest and open about it.

the deflection of blame onto the public, completely exaggerating the extent to which people have been careless, is just shit, and is not going to reflect well on them.

They're both fully signed up MAGA Trump racists tbh. Love to talk about great replacement theory and cultural marxism running rampant. I mean, the actual issue they're addressing in this case is probably worthy of some scrutiny, but not by them.

Man, I had really hoped things were getting better here after the last few days numbers, but 59 dead in Ireland today. Is that the highest daily total yet?

I don't know. bear in mind that the numbers relate directly to the testing, which is lagging behind and that the numbers could easily be ten times what they are on any given day, considering they are trying to ramp the testing up tenfold.

so trump is making noises about suing china over them not having done enough.
in a country one third the size of china, the US has suffered 11 times the (official) death toll. maybe he'll sue himself.

Trump has threatened to sue everyone at some stage. I would agree with him though that there should be some kind of of action taken against the Chinese government over their handling of this outbreak. But how do you hold one of big boys to task? And if action is taken ultimately the Chinese people will suffer even more than they do already.

Trump has threatened to sue everyone at some stage. I would agree with him though that there should be some kind of of action taken against the Chinese government over their handling of this outbreak. But how do you hold one of big boys to task? And if action is taken ultimately the Chinese people will suffer even more than they do already.

The way you would do it would be sanctions I suppose?

The CPC most likely lied about their outbreak, but the US was warned about this virus around November/Dec of last year, and they did fuck all. The idea that we suddenly decide that China could have done more to help the rest of the world with its response and needs to be punished now is silly.

Besides, the CPC has a litany of dodgy stuff it gets up to, they round up populations and puts them in concentration camps. I'd imagine we're not going to suddenly get all pissy about this. We don't give a fuck as long as we get our cheap stuff.

China are the only country who didn't have a warning about this thing and they have so far dealt with it better than any of the other global big dogs so i'm not too pushed about starting a fucking war with them just because they're this weeks baddies. They were being praised in January by the WHO (themseves not necessarily a paragon of goodness but that's for another day) for being so transparent and releasing a huge amount of information that allowed the sequencing of the genome.

Have we taken any action against the US or the UK for the lies and documented human rights abuses of the Iraq war that killed a million people? No we have not. Have the Five Eyes members been punished for running the worlds largest illegal spying operation since the beginning of time? No they have not. Has the US ever actually been punished for being the only country to have ever nuked another??

Gimme a break, i'd trust China about this before the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back