Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (7 Viewers)

Stuffed head and coughing, wiped out energy wise. She's not tested yet today but looks like she'll miss the trip to Portugal.

We still haven't squared away whether us both having sore throats on Friday afternoon was a red herring or whether it was the start of her covid; as mentioned, it would have been some coincidence for us to both show symptoms the same day. And if that was covid, it went away the next day but returned on Sunday morning for her.

I just checked my timeline thing and my absolutely no energy period was primarily 48 hours, and maybe being not afraid to go to tesco was 72hrs.
Has she any option to join you a day or two later?

I've always had a bit of a ringing in my ears from lots of loud gigs in the past. Using earplugs since around 07 managed it fairly well. But one of my ears is gone mental in the last year. Absolutely ringing all the time. It may be Covid related. I never even considered that. I've been to one loud gig since 2019 and I had the problem before that I think. FU Covid.
Too much Slomatics probably

When did she get symptoms? The current advisory is 5 days from onset so far as i can see.

In wildly coicidential news I'm supposed to fly to Faro early thursday morning but have been off with a 'cold' for a few days. On reading this post i did a positive test.

I seem to have got it late wednesday and the timeline might get me clear by then.
Did you make it to Faro? I'm in vilamoura with the family but my wife had to cry off. Heading down to the town now to have my head melted by people singing zombie.

Did you make it to Faro? I'm in vilamoura with the family but my wife had to cry off. Heading down to the town now to have my head melted by people singing zombie.
In aljezur now, sagres tomorrow and leaving the day after. Cycled through a post forest fire forest today and It was unforgettable visually. Sorry your wife couldn't make it. Based on my cycling this covid has minimal afters, I'm flat out on vitamin C and zinc the whole time

We've all got it. Well, one child is testing negative but she's living with the sick basin.

So far not as bad as the summer '22 dose. Achy but no fevers. Results came back very strong this morning.

Are everyone's tests out of date this month?

I have a bunch of tests that went out of date 12/23
I seem to remember using an out of date test last summer which had no problem confirming I had Covid at the time.

All the expiry dates on these things are usually the minimal date that they have to show to satisfy various regulations. I doubt any of these companies bother validating the tests beyond this. For a product like a covid test that was developed in the past 4-5 year, no one is going to have the data to say they last longer (or definitely stop working or give false results).

It’s like medications, pretty much every tablet has a use by date but you can keep most of them for decades and they’ll still be as potent and will be as safe to take. Anything in a suspension or a liquid I’d be wary of but if it’s still sealed I’d give it a go in a pinch.

Disclaimer: I know what year it is.

The Yoga mom down the road was posting about the new wave of 'excess deaths' which the lancet has a paper on, and youtube people have latched onto as the latest in the sorta 5g/lizard area of beliefs.

Anywhoo of course i had to read the lancet preamble because you can fucking guarantee that's all anyone else has read as well - which said mostly that the excess deaths are now in the 40+ area and cardio related.

The yoga mom cult are saying it's the vaccines.

I'm just here, to point out on thumped where we'll just get a regular enough conversation about it, that I'm 100% certain that a huge portion of people in the 40+ area were fucking about with cocaine and yips for their 20s which does mean being awake for insane amounts of time and then scraping through work on monday which isn't great for the heart at all.

Anywhoooo my additive non investigated theory that I'm tacking on to the yoga mom vaccine theory now is that covid vaccines being to blame for every health wave for the decade is a really convenient way of not saying you spend your 20s really fucking yourself up and passing the buck.

Disclaimer 2: I tried all these things at different times, i just was more of a once every year or two type of ann.

Disclaimer: I know what year it is.

The Yoga mom down the road was posting about the new wave of 'excess deaths' which the lancet has a paper on, and youtube people have latched onto as the latest in the sorta 5g/lizard area of beliefs.

Anywhoo of course i had to read the lancet preamble because you can fucking guarantee that's all anyone else has read as well - which said mostly that the excess deaths are now in the 40+ area and cardio related.

The yoga mom cult are saying it's the vaccines.

I'm just here, to point out on thumped where we'll just get a regular enough conversation about it, that I'm 100% certain that a huge portion of people in the 40+ area were fucking about with cocaine and yips for their 20s which does mean being awake for insane amounts of time and then scraping through work on monday which isn't great for the heart at all.

Anywhoooo my additive non investigated theory that I'm tacking on to the yoga mom vaccine theory now is that covid vaccines being to blame for every health wave for the decade is a really convenient way of not saying you spend your 20s really fucking yourself up and passing the buck.

Disclaimer 2: I tried all these things at different times, i just was more of a once every year or two type of ann.

An interesting take that I hadn't really thought of. Kind of holds true with the attitudes of anti vaxxers I know and their lifestyles.

Though I don't know any expressed conspiracy theorists, at least not out loud ones. Just people who didn't want the vaccine for themselves.

Edit: actually you've brought back a memory. Someone said of these vaccine-hesitant types: someone said "this lot will smoke or snort anything handed to them by some guy in a pub, but won't get a vaccine". But maybe that's a whole other can 'o' worms.

I remember saying back at the height of the vaccine wars that what would really have worked to get the yoga types would be to have a version of the vaccine that was explicitly presented as the luxury option. the vegan, organic, GMO-free, chakra-aligned vaccine, made by vaccine artisans in a single monastery in nepal. comes in a special wooden presentation case and is accompanied by a trip to a spa. the version that the poors are not allowed to have. they would have queued up to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back