convert pro tools .ptf to .mp3 help! (2 Viewers)

sweetoblivion

Live from her fairytale world of clouds and pixies
If anyone has info on this (I'm sure it's probably very obvious...) I would be very grateful!
I need to convert a .ptf pro tools file to Mp3.
Pro Tools is continually freezing on my laptop so I can't get back into pro tools. But I have the file on the 'ol laptop but need to know if there's a free programme I can download to convert it or if there's another way?
Have googled it but not really getting anything concrete back.
Thanks so much
Sweeto

yeah its juts the session file. youll need to copy it and open it on another machine.

or else take the audio stems from the the audio folder and open them in acid(if you havent done much mixing).

Ptf isn't an audio file. It's a session file. It contains mix info, audio file locations, regions etc.
Look in the folder that contains the ptf file. There shoUd be a folder called audio files. In that folder there aiff files. Those you can convert to mp3 but they will be unmixed.

Ptf isn't an audio file. It's a session file. It contains mix info, audio file locations, regions etc.
Look in the folder that contains the ptf file. There shoUd be a folder called audio files. In that folder there aiff files. Those you can convert to mp3 but they will be unmixed.
Ah ok that makes more sense! I'll look for that now. Thanks
should that folder be on the desktop? the ptf is there, but there's no folder with the file name on it and anything else in it

Do a search with the name of the ptf. May find the folder with the audio files. Did you create this session or someone give you the ptf? If you just hav the ptf and no files associated with it, there's nothing you can do with it.
Search the file name without the .ptf and see what comes up.
Or search for aiff files and look at the dates that are similar to the ptf file?

Ok cool.
I recorded it on this laptop a few weeks ago, but burned the session to a disc and now that I think about it, the ptf I have on the desktop prob comes from that disc, so no wonder there's no folder.
But surely when I saved it. it would have saved to a pro tools folder...I just can't see any. I'll do a search.
thanks

Nope, if you just copied fro
the disk to your laptop, it would have just copied the ptf. To copy the audio files associated with the disk, you need to copy everything or do a save as from within the seesion.
Copy everything from the burn to your HD and try opening it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back