Confusion. (1 Viewer)

pighead

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pighead needs some reassurance and he needs it quickly. Before we get started lets get a few things straight:
This poster has impeccable indie credentials
Caught a tambourine thrown from Brett Anderson during filmstar in the Olympia? Check
Chatted with Gruff from SFA in the sugar club and told him he had a lovely beard? Check
Remembers "The Frames" when that oddly attractive chick used to be with them whose sole function in the band was to sway from side to side whilst doing handclaps? Check

So as you can see this kid ticks all the right boxes when it comes to indie cred. Problem is this. Pighead is a sucker for a good pop song. He's tried to fight it over the years but Britney, Justin and even fucking A1 have reeled him in with some 24 carat pop tunes over the years. Have usually accepted these pop tunes into the noggin with a grudging and slightly embarrassed acceptance. Like bringing an ugly chick home from Coppers. It's ok as long as nobody finds out.

But with this One Republic tune it's different. Pighead isn't ashamed of this tune at all. In fact he's been singing it from the rooftops. This is what it must be like to come out? Thinks the song is an absolute belter. Everything about One Republic scream out "Stay away Pighead" They're just a less edgy version of Savage Garden, stay the hell away. But I cannot deny that the song is good. It sounds like an indie song that The Killers or The Bluetones may have released. It's even got cellos ffs!

So here's what Pighead needs to know. Is this an indie song written by a pop band to try and confuse the likes of Pighead or is it simply another genericly shite American pop/rock lily livered band releasing another genericly shite lily livered single thus meaning Pighead has finally fallen off the indie train and landed head first face down in the dreaded area known as middle of the road? Does a life of listening to Bruce Hornsby await?

Listening to Suede, Super Furry Animals and The Frames doesn't give you diplomatic immunity. They're all as pushing-forty as this.

Bruce Hornsby is now an unappreciated genius Pighead and Suede, Super Furry Animals and The Frames aren't fit to string his mandolin.

I haven't listened to the song. I am afraid I might like it and ruin my indie credentials!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back