Comprehensive List of Bands That I've Seen but Wish I Hadn't (1 Viewer)

Sticking to bands I like

Godspeed You Black Emperor
Slint
The Saints (20 odd years earlier I'm sure they would have been amazing)
Leatherface (at least a half dozen times,amazing records,suck live)
Khanate
Earth (saw them once and they were great,then another time and they were truly awful)
Foo Fighters (again,once great,once awful)
Radiators From Space (Again,20 odd years earlier could have been amazing)

probably loads more,but that's all I remember now.

Luckily bands that were just shit I usually forget about.

Of bands that I like I guess Pink Floyd are the only one I kinda regret seeing. I was 17, completely obsessed with them, they were boring and my illusions were shattered after that. Why I expected anything better from them after their late-80s escapades I don't know.

Sticking to bands I like

thats fair enough. Of the ones I listed I saw them at gigs they were headlining and intentionally went to see them. The only exception is Get Well Soon who supported Bon Iver and are possibly the worst band in the entire world (worse than bands who have less ability than them because they take themselves so seriously)

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! in the Village. Lead guy played with his back to the crowd most of the night and gave a stern frowning to at anyone in his band who looked like they were having fun.

That's about all I can think of aside from every support act

Foo Fighters (again,once great,once awful)
oh me too but if we're talking about bands who got progressively worse each time you saw them we'll be here all night

Interpol.

Godspeed.

Dinosaur Jr.

Oxes.

Battles.

The Men.

No Age.

Morrisey. (not that he was bad just that he played loads of Smiths tunes, note perfect, which just made me more aware that I'll never see the Smiths)

At The Drive In (again they were amazing but having watched footage of them from back then, and realising they were actually completely shit, it makes me think that half the gigs I remember being amazing were probably total shit.)

U2 (for kind of the opposite reason of above, they were pretty amazing and I don't even want to consider that)

The Chemical Brothers (the crowd was like being in Gomorrah, No danger of anyone turning into pillar of salt mind, i couldn't get away quickly enough)

Shellac (every time after the first time)

John Mayall in the Olympia.

Classic British blues it was'nt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back