Communions (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Cara
  • Start date
  • Replies 42
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 5

Cara

Is it the done thing to give children money on their communions these days? Or do you give them presents?

You're usually safe enough to sticking with the tried and trusted "buying a chicken, cutting its neck and bleeding it out over the naked child's body" method and avoiding the sticky subject of money altogether.

The enterprising child will take his chicken with them to Blakes.

No plucking in the car on the way there though.

What's the story with carrying out an apostasy?
Do you get a receipt from the Vatican saying you've got your soul back?

Just fill in the form and send it to the diocese you were baptised in, I think.

My form is still sitting on my desk in work.

Just take them to Blake's restaurant and let them have whatever they want.
haha!

This day 19 years ago(i think) I made me holy Communion!

The following week, still in my frock, I took the host* in my hand 'cause I saw other people doing it. My seven year old brain didn't know I had to eat it straight after, and so went back to my seat with said clammy disc of bread in my paw. The priest STOPPED the whole show and ran down the aisle after me...I was crying so much I couldn't move, my Dad had to rescue me. That was the end of my religious life.
The choir stopped singing...:eek:

haha!

The following week, still in my frock, I took the host* in my hand 'cause I saw other people doing it. My seven year old brain didn't know I had to eat it straight after, and so went back to my seat with said clammy disc of bread in my paw. The priest STOPPED the whole show and ran down the aisle after me...I was crying so much I couldn't move, my Dad had to rescue me. That was the end of my religious life.

Reminds me of the time I went to confession, thought that a very long pause by the priest (I reckon he fell asleep) meant that it was over and went on my merry way. The priest had to run after me down the length of Francis Street to absolve me of my sins. I was completely morto.

Edit: In reply to your question, yes you have to give the new little christians money, at least 20 brick.

Romantic Ireland's dead and gone, It's with O'Leary in the grave.

And the chickens.

Down By The Salley Gardens
I built a small cabin.
With clay.
But now, that is no country for old men.
The young
In one another's arms,
birds in the trees.

O
chestnut-tree,
great-rooted blossomer,
Are you the leaf,
the blossom
or
the bole?

O body swayed to music,
O brightening glance,
How can we know the dancer from the dance?

All is changed,
changed utterly
I will arise
and
stop writing poetry

haha!

i can beat this

after primary school i went to a new diocesan school in the area, we were the second year in it so there was about 220 pupils in this massive old building, and a skeleton crew of teachers, one of whom was this creepy sarmy priest, and he'd patrol the corridors in the mornings to force the kids to go to mass in this ex-storeroom which was now an 'oratory'. so anyways

one day he made me and my friend help him set up, and told us to fill up the pot thing with eucharist. he didn't really specify where to get it, so we did what seemed like the obvious thing and took his key, opened the tabernacle thing, pulled out the pots and started redistributing it all.

he came back in and went absolutely ballistic. apparently there was a biscuit tin in the cupboard that we were meant to get it from, cos only a priest can open the tabernacle and touch consecrated eucharist.

i'd been having my doubts about the whole thing for a few months (this was around my 12th birthday) but that was pretty much the end of it for me - i yelled that we were only doing what he told us to do and asked him why it was wrong, he replied with detention (in the grand catholic tradition, kill the man who questions)

and then he went and used the 'soiled' eucharist anyway! cheapo churchy bastards.

Oh shit- pretty bad, but nah, mine is far more traumatic!
I was on my tod and the shitehawk asked me my address!? so EVERYTIMME the doorbell rang FOR YEARS, my childs mind thought it was him coming to give out shit 2 me again.
the birds...I mean the choir stopped remember! MAss SHAmo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back