Comic Books (1 Viewer)

Are you dense?

Also, on the new Batman film:

"I still feel like it's a character I've never done before," Ledger said, "and I'm going to be donning a mask. I'm not really thinking about the commercial consequences. Maybe I should be. But at this point, it's just an exciting next step."

What is this shit all up in here?

Dunno, its a long time since i read em. I have the TPBs around somewhere ill dig em out. It definatly didnt start off with swearing. Maybe the millar and ennis runs kicked it off. But yeah reckon the The Midnighter will end up in Belfast at some stage.

Are you dense?

"I still feel like it's a character I've never done before," Ledger said, "and I'm going to be donning a mask. I'm not really thinking about the commercial consequences. Maybe I should be. But at this point, it's just an exciting next step."

Maybe he doesn't mean it literally.
He'd better not!

SEQUENTIAL ART
WILL SIMPSON
Tuesday 16th Jan at 8pm

Droichead Arts Centre is proud to present “Sequential Art”, an exhibition by the internationally acclaimed comic book artist Will Simpson. This exhibition covers twenty years of Simpson’s career as a professional comic book illustrator, as well as fine examples of his work as an artist, painter and animator.

The show will include many of the artist’s comic book illustrations, which includes legendary characters such as ‘Batman’ and ‘Judge Dredd’. There will also be examples of his paintings, which emphasise his passion for the romantic period in art.

Exhibition continues until February 21st

wills.jpg

pantheon_black_hole_hc.jpg

can anyone recommend me something along the same lines as it? Not really into the superhero malark... This book had me hooked from beginning to end. Love it.

pantheon_black_hole_hc.jpg

can anyone recommend me something along the same lines as it? Not really into the superhero malark... This book had me hooked from beginning to end. Love it.

Epileptic by David
(lovely sparse psychedelic story of his brothers illness)

Persopolis by Marjorie something or other
(autobiog of being raised in Iran, amazing! get this first!)

and Maus by Art Speigielman
(which will actually break you heat, fact)

oh and Jimmy Corrigan by... uh... Chris Ware!!
(morbid sad but oh so pretty)

and why not Hewlligans Haircut by Jamie Hewitt and Pat somebody...
(the Sgt Peppers of mid 90's comics, before Hewitt got smug!)

I'd be in the same boat like comics, hate superheros, hopefully some of these float yr boat

Epileptic by David
(lovely sparse psychedelic story of his brothers illness)

Persopolis by Marjorie something or other
(autobiog of being raised in Iran, amazing! get this first!)

and Maus by Art Speigielman
(which will actually break you heat, fact)

oh and Jimmy Corrigan by... uh... Chris Ware!!
(morbid sad but oh so pretty)

and why not Hewlligans Haircut by Jamie Hewitt and Pat somebody...
(the Sgt Peppers of mid 90's comics, before Hewitt got smug!)

I'd be in the same boat like comics, hate superheros, hopefully some of these float yr boat

Also try comics by Daniel Clowes and Joe Sacco

Are you dense?

Yeah, he's not being literal. He's talking like an ACT-OOR. I'm slightly more concerned about a quote from Nolan. He said something about not wanting to make the same movie twice - so there might be a different tone for The Dark Knight. Hmm.

Yeah, he's not being literal. He's talking like an ACT-OOR. I'm slightly more concerned about a quote from Nolan. He said something about not wanting to make the same movie twice - so there might be a different tone for The Dark Knight. Hmm.

arnold_schwartzenegger1.jpg

nah, i'm pretty confident the Dark Knight will be amzing
i can imagine it's going to have a total Arkham Asylum buzz

i wouldn't worry about it..i remember bitching about the actor choices in batman begins, but he got it so right

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back