Comic Books (3 Viewers)

For authors like the ones you named, you're probably better off with Hodges & Figgis or Chapters. They get a fair amount of new stuff in from Fantagraphics, D&Q, Last Gasp etc. but are pretty bad for stocking older stuff. I'm sure you could get them to order stuff in for you aswell. You'll ocassionally find decent stuff in the second hand section of Chapters too. They had the entire run of Hate in the slim paperbacks the last time I was there. The actual comic book shops have ridiculous and seemingly arbitrary markup, while also having only a marginally better selection of books from independent publishers than the regular book shops.

I wish I could afford to buy comics again :(

Cheers for that man. I had a rummage through Chapters the other day and picked up a copy of Days Of The Bagnold Summer. Funny, poignant and worth a go. Must check out the second hand section next time I'm in.

http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/2012/days-of-the-bagnold-summer-oddly-comforting/

Finally got around to start reading 'Blankets' by Craig Thompson last week. There was a lot of heavy praise for it and in my opinion it's all thoroughly justified. A beautifully realised autobiographical work, one that raises the bar yet again.

cb.jpg

Picked up this second hand in Chapters the other week. Absolutely bat shit surrealist stuff, but boy is it pretty to look at. If you like anthropomorphic characters and disembodied heads as narrators then this is for you.

nicolas-de-crecy_le-bibendum-celeste-integrale_extract2.jpg

BibendumCelesteLepl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back