Colour Out Of Space 2008 (1 Viewer)

Gambra

Anarchic Harmonics
Website
www.noisenotmusic.org
CoOSpostercover.jpg

More info to come soon. Amazing. I'm definately there this year. Skaters, skullflower, thurston moore, leslie keffer & aaron dilloway for me ...

last year's colour out of space was one of the best festivals i've ever been to. this year looks a step above that again ... ghedalia fucking tazartes :eek: ... and it's only £25 for the weekend. a measly 25 of her royal majesty's bones for one of the best line-ups of any festival i've seen anywhere in recent times. also, there's flights between dublin/shannon and gatwick that weekend for 20 quid return at the moment. and accommodation-wise, there's a campsite just outside of brighton that's apparently just a 20/30 minute walk to the venue ... http://www.sheepcote.org.uk/

i've never actually been to the campsite and it says here it's 2 miles outside of brighton ... been reliably informed (by a non power walker) that it's just a 20/30 minute walk though. it looks like there's a pretty regular bus service anyway

Really hoping to make this. My girlfriend is even considering coming along just for the trip to Brighton. Having trouble finding cheap rooms though.

I'll give that campsite a look but if i'm leaving my girlfriend by herself for hours at a time I'd much rather she had a room in the town to stay in than a tent a bit of a walk away.

Anyone know of any budget hotels/hostels with private rooms?

Really hoping to make this. My girlfriend is even considering coming along just for the trip to Brighton. Having trouble finding cheap rooms though.

I'll give that campsite a look but if i'm leaving my girlfriend by herself for hours at a time I'd much rather she had a room in the town to stay in than a tent a bit of a walk away.

Anyone know of any budget hotels/hostels with private rooms?
this place looks pretty good ... http://www.christinaguesthousebrighton.co.uk/ ... i only found it from a quick internet search just there though so i don't really know a whole lot about it or its location. if it's just a 10 minute walk to the pier though it should be close to the venue. there's this place also ... st christopher's at the palace hotel ... but they only have dorms available on the friday night and a double room is 60 quid per person on the saturday

a quick heads up for anyone thinking of travelling over to this ... ryanair seem to be running one of their no taxes offers at the moment ... if you were to fly dublin - gatwick thursday to monday for instance, it'd cost you a grand total of 2 quid at the moment (+ 10 quid credit card fee ... and baggage fee too if you're travelling in style). cheap flights through shannon and cork also

Cheers for the help ddmurph. Well i've flights booked now and all. Even if i don't make it the flights only cost marginally more than the Aircoach would.

Strange question but i didn't happen to meet any of you folks at Supersonic the other week did I?

No I was the lad who didn't even get off the bus at Birmingham before being handed a Colour Out of Space flyer. That person later mentioned Thumped, not sure if they post or just use the place for listings.

No I was the lad who didn't even get off the bus at Birmingham before being handed a Colour Out of Space flyer. That person later mentioned Thumped, not sure if they post or just use the place for listings.
that was probably high.infidelity ... she won the supersonic arm-wrestle so i got landed with baby sitting duties while she rocked out to harvey milk. got a baby sitter sorted for this though ... PARTY .|..|

Flights just booked there. 35 quid from Shannon to Gatwick all in. Nice. And now I discover you can't buy weekend tickets online for this? Only day tickets??

ha! I also managed to get ye to buy me dinner! Cool man, glad you've booked the flights. here's me (last on the right) with Phil Minton's feral choir at last years :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/_maverick_/1373648802/in/set-72157601941354914/

ah cannae wait! .|..|

Well that early afternoon cider was worth it's weight in gold. Never expected the bar to run out that quickly.

I'm still not 100% going just yet. Only booked the flights seeing as they cost no more than the aircoach will. Russ has already fallen to Cois Farraige so he wont be in Brighton sadly.

Gambra if you book your train ticket now you can get a return ticket for £15. I wouldn't leave it till you get over there though because the tickets will no doubt cost a good bit more on the day you travel.

Flights just booked there. 35 quid from Shannon to Gatwick all in. Nice. And now I discover you can't buy weekend tickets online for this? Only day tickets??
you can get weekend tickets here ... http://www.chocolatemonk.co.uk/coos.htm

Gambra if you book your train ticket now you can get a return ticket for £15. I wouldn't leave it till you get over there though because the tickets will no doubt cost a good bit more on the day you travel.
there's no need to book your train ticket beforehand if you don't want to ... it's £7.50 one-way over there too. there's direct trains every 20 minutes or so between gatwick and brighton. that £7.50 is for first capital connect trains only though. it's an extra £1 or something for a ticket valid on all trains. i've never taken the bus before but i just did a quick check on the national express website and got a fare for £10.40 return ... i don't know if you need to book online to get that fare or not though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back