College courses Vs Current situation (2 Viewers)

here, mutey, don't be pressurising d man yeh?
dont wanna havta hit ya in the head

Smack him good.

IMG_8143.jpg

it all sounds so exciting! i appreciate college much more now that im no longer in it. at the time i was a cynical and apathetic young man and so didnt get as much from it as i should have... going back to do a masters (in ucd) a couple of years ago was much better, i missed hardly any classes.

I did science in Trinity after school but dropped out after first year. So then I ended up working for the government for years, got a pain in my hole and went back to college to study multimedia. I'm working in that area now, I do like it, but sometimes I wish I'd gone back to college and become an optician or studied something that had sure-fire long-term job prospects.

Working too hard to read this thread through but ... I did a degree in Physics and didn't like it, then I did a masters in Environmental Science which I liked (but didn't love) partly because it was so much easier than my undergrad and I could dazzle my lecturers with my agile physics brain. Been working as a programmer since (more or less) and I don't like that either - it does scratch a certain itch in the logical part of my brain but I've always found it unsatisfying and kinda depressing. The one time since I started when I had a real opportunity to retrain (was part-time for a while) I spent playing piano and making the Stoat album. Sometimes I think I'd be better off if I had never learned to play an instrument, and had done medicine or something in college. You don't get to find out what would have happened though

i did my degree in anthropology and sociology and graduated in 2003.i just started doing my h.dip. in primary education in september. ive worked harder in the past 2 months than i think i did in the 3 years of my degree...maybe because i know now what i wanna do and am working towards my goal whereas college was just a time for arsing about...

p.s. super dexta invigilated at one of my exams last year (hi!). wrong time for the handshake, but that's totally got to be worth thumped cred.
invigilating someone older than me was kinda weird. incidentally i saw you cycling down georges st yesterday -- the red coat, it is very good.

ucd main campus is not shit. it has me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back