Coil (1 Viewer)

billygannon

Contributor
Hello all
What's the story with the Coil gig for DEAF? Is it sold out? How much, when etc.?

Yours sincerely,
Billy Gannon

Gong Farmer said:
Hello all
What's the story with the Coil gig for DEAF? Is it sold out? How much, when etc.?

Yours sincerely,
Billy Gannon
Not as far as i know. About 30 euros, i think. 23rd. From Coil's website:
"We are happy to announce and confirm that we scheduled to play Dublin City hall on Satyrday October 23rd. This is a COIL concert but it will be noticibly different to the recent tour concert dates that finished at The Ocean Club in Hackney, London (BTW we will shortly be making a download of this show available in our Downlooad Store.) In Dublin we are planning to do something different and more ritualistic featuring voice and hurdy-gurdy treated and processed into new forms and textures. The overall concept and sound is being worked on daily. We hope to realise an EP or mini album on material derived from this new source of splendor and distortion. To be released after the event Itselph."

Brian Conniffe said:
In Dublin we are planning to do something different and more ritualistic featuring voice and hurdy-gurdy treated and processed into new forms and textures. The overall concept and sound is being worked on daily. We hope to realise an EP or mini album on material derived from this new source of splendor and distortion. To be released after the event Itselph."
can't wait for this. what's dublin city hall like? never been in there myself. don't think i've ever even seen it (probably have but never noticed that it was the city hall). the drinks reception beforehand looks cool as well. never been to a gig with a reception beforehand.

ddmurph said:
can't wait for this. what's dublin city hall like? never been in there myself. don't think i've ever even seen it (probably have but never noticed that it was the city hall). the drinks reception beforehand looks cool as well. never been to a gig with a reception beforehand.
u can get tickets @ www.tickets.ie 31.50 with booking fee

ddmurph said:
what's dublin city hall like? never been in there myself. don't think i've ever even seen it
Dublin City Hall is that old big white building with the large pillars at the top of Parliment St.
illus_rest3.jpg

if it's inside the main lobby bit of the building, it would be pretty brill. it's a lovely space (mad echoey, buh), really high ceilings and lovely colourful tiled floors. just the place for a drinks reception. whats coil like?

Brian Conniffe said:
Not as far as i know. About 30 euros, i think. 23rd. From Coil's website:
"We are happy to announce and confirm that we scheduled to play Dublin City hall on Satyrday October 23rd. This is a COIL concert but it will be noticibly different to the recent tour concert dates that finished at The Ocean Club in Hackney, London (BTW we will shortly be making a download of this show available in our Downlooad Store.) In Dublin we are planning to do something different and more ritualistic featuring voice and hurdy-gurdy treated and processed into new forms and textures. The overall concept and sound is being worked on daily. We hope to realise an EP or mini album on material derived from this new source of splendor and distortion. To be released after the event Itselph."
I dont know coil at all, but after reading this, Im feeling quite curious and fuzzy inside. like a small cat with a bad case of furballitis.

Thayl said:
Dublin City Hall is that old big white building with the large pillars at the top of Parliment St.
illus_rest3.jpg
cheers. think i know that place alright. up dame street past the olympia ya?

From a public email from Coil's John Balance:
"i spent a wonderful day yesterday in Somerton,somerset, the more
ancient Capitol of England, singing with no effects with Cliff
Stapleton playing sublime intense Hurdy Gurdy improvisations while Ian
sat drawing potatoes .Bliss in a new bucket. this was preparation for
the Dublin City hall performance/ piece...We are planning at least 2 album length projects with Cliff fully integrated and featured in stunning fulsome.Happy Day today. I'm off to buy a fish."

Also, there will be pre-performance drinks reception included in the price of the ticket.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back