Coffee (1 Viewer)

Coffee is best enjoyed

• Total voters

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
This morning I decided to forego my usual quick pot of tea and treat myself to coffee, fancy Lavazza in the tin can no less, only to find it clogs up my espresso machine and doesn't allow the water to filter through. After cleaning up the mess I decided to use my (scorched) Bialetti stove top pot , only to find that the last person to use it didn't wash it and it was full of mold. In the end I used a filter jug, drank too much to compensate for a ruined morning and now I'm a bag of nerves.

#fuckcoffee #teaftw

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
Wonder if the litter tray would work, after a particularly steaming jobby

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
I drank six thousand cups of coffee in Rome last week.Not a Starbucks or Costa to be seen in the place

I also popped into the Bialetti shop! And am now deeply regretting not picking up a new pot..they were super cheap and would have been an excellent souvenir.

Anyway..I'm drinking Lavazza here this week from my current 3 cup pot

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Good Christ, I've been trying the Lavazza Creme Gusto stuff with my moka pot and NO, do not recommend. My head is buzzing a billion miles an hour and it tastes like instant coffee doubled.

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads

29 dollars for one cup! Proper coffeephile culture

prefuse

Threads
I was a militant black coffee, no milk, no sugar drinker,. I still love it, but it's hard on the stomach so I've switched to cappuccino, no sugar.

jonah

Supporter
Threads
I was upset to come back to this thread to find I had voted for black, with a little sugar, instead of just black. It must have been a slip of the finger

egg_

Staff member
Supporter
Since 1999
Threads
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
I'm just finishing a cup of Illy decaf. It's v nice. Been trying out a no-caffeine policy lately to try and break my usual jittery-then-yawny cycle. It's surprisingly easy (though I've not found a nice decaf tea)

Unicron

Supporter
Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
That's mostly my technique (when I make it for my girlfriend because she hates the "notes of black forest gateaux" stuff I grind myself) and it's ... alright. Still vastly prefer it out of the hario v-60.

I wouldn't pay much attention to anyone's coffee making guide if they're putting milk into the coffee.

ernesto

lover not a fighter
Supporter
Threads
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
That's mostly my technique (when I make it for my girlfriend because she hates the "notes of black forest gateaux" stuff I grind myself) and it's ... alright. Still vastly prefer it out of the hario v-60.

I wouldn't pay much attention to anyone's coffee making guide if they're putting milk into the coffee.
What’s your problem with milk?
Compliments a lot of Ethiopian coffee.
I think it’s The Ethiopians have always put milk in their coffee

PS Aeropress FTW.

flashback

Threads
does anyone roast their own coffee beans?

I live next door to an Ethiopian couple (borderline nicest people on the planet - but then pretty much all Ethiopians seem to be) and we have some fairly intense bean conversations. (Not just coffee either, all sorts of beans get roasted, but coffee has its own special deal going on.)
Seemingly the ritual is you roast and grind your beans every time you want a cup of coffee. There's a beaten out plate thing, and a hook thing, and you roast the beans on the plate just over the cooker while scooping them about with the hook.

Once you've roasted the beans dark enough for your liking, they get ground and put into this clay (?) urn. Water and coffee is added until the mixture reaches the correct thickness*, then it's put onto the cooker to get heated up.

The whole ceremony is close to ritual, and apparently it's very common in Ethiopia.

*this word for thickness took a lot of translation, and we decided that it was closest. She was looking at the mixture for the correct texture.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Previous thread
Next thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Lavender EP
    Ginseng Strip 2002 (Prod. Yung Gud)
    Yung Lean
    Lavender EP
  • Pang!
    Pang! - Muzi Remix
    Gruff Rhys feat. Muzi
    Pang!

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads