Coffee is best enjoyed

• Total voters

ernesto

lover not a fighter
Supporter
Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
Oh and for 500 ml I double the quantities but keep the times the same.
I think I’m fucking up the timed pouring part for pour over shtyle coffee.. Seen a pro do it up in Donegal and recalled that I was doing it wrong. I do part pour my aeropress prior to the reverse plunging. Never longer than 90secs total

Unicron

Supporter
Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Seeing as we're comparing hario recipes.

I use 20 g of coffee (by the way, we're all rinsing the filter first right?, to get some of the bleach out of the paper)

I pour 40 g of water and wait for 40 seconds for the bloom, and then top it off in one pour to 240g until it's done, with fresh beans it takes me about 2 mins.

For the water, I try not to boil it fully but if I do I just leave it for a minute to cool a bit, also transferring to a cool vessel (the pouring kettle) should bring the temp down a wee bit while I finish the prep (any grinding that needs to be finsihed, the afore mentioned filter rinse)

Thread starter #486

Shaney?

Supporter
Threads
I remember getting my first coffee in Indonesia. The lady put a scoop of coarse ground code into a cup, poured the water in and gave it to me. I thought ffs she hasn't a clue but after a couple of days of this I realised it was fine and perfectly nice as long as you don't stir it.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
I remember getting my first coffee in Indonesia. The lady put a scoop of coarse ground code into a cup, poured the water in and gave it to me. I thought ffs she hasn't a clue but after a couple of days of this I realised it was fine and perfectly nice as long as you don't stir it.
Like Turkish coffee/Middle Eastern coffee, the bottom of the cup is a sludge but they also put cardamom in it - it’s amazing.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
Gary’s right, get a hold of yourselves ffs
Nah. It takes about five minutes start to finish to do it as a pour over, it’s totally worth the bit of faffing over having a shitty coffee. Like you could live on ready meals but it’s way nicer and worth the effort to cook a meal from scratch. Same logic.

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
I drink about 6 cups of coffee a day.. I havent got 30 mins to spare standing over a coffee contraption with a stopwatch

ann post

Threads
I used to make it in dripping/filter thing that did ten cups and then leave it in pot for the following two days microwaving cups as i went.

The dole is great for not wasting stuff.

Nooly

with a small n
Supporter
Threads
Nah. It takes about five minutes start to finish to do it as a pour over, it’s totally worth the bit of faffing over having a shitty coffee. Like you could live on ready meals but it’s way nicer and worth the effort to cook a meal from scratch. Same logic.
Or you could make a perfectly nice cup of coffee without going full late-stage hipster on it

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
I drink about 6 cups of coffee a day.. I havent got 30 mins to spare standing over a coffee contraption with a stopwatch
Fair enough. I don't drink that much coffee a day.

Or you could make a perfectly nice cup of coffee without going full late-stage hipster on it
Your perfectly nice and my perfectly nice may differ. See @pete's post above, if I'm eating I want to eat well and that means not having a ready meal (not that what I cook is necessarily healthier but it tastes so much better).

Nooly

with a small n
Supporter
Threads
You must have some mad rigmarole for making white sauce if it’s comparable to how you make your coffee

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... if we have any.

Upgrade now

Buy me a coffeeBuy me a coffee

Latest posts

Latest threads