Coffee (2 Viewers)

Coffee is best enjoyed

• Total voters
This morning I decided to forego my usual quick pot of tea and treat myself to coffee, fancy Lavazza in the tin can no less, only to find it clogs up my espresso machine and doesn't allow the water to filter through. After cleaning up the mess I decided to use my (scorched) Bialetti stove top pot , only to find that the last person to use it didn't wash it and it was full of mold. In the end I used a filter jug, drank too much to compensate for a ruined morning and now I'm a bag of nerves.

#fuckcoffee #teaftw

I drank six thousand cups of coffee in Rome last week.Not a Starbucks or Costa to be seen in the place

I also popped into the Bialetti shop! And am now deeply regretting not picking up a new pot..they were super cheap and would have been an excellent souvenir.

Anyway..I'm drinking Lavazza here this week from my current 3 cup pot

Good Christ, I've been trying the Lavazza Creme Gusto stuff with my moka pot and NO, do not recommend. My head is buzzing a billion miles an hour and it tastes like instant coffee doubled.

29 dollars for one cup! Proper coffeephile culture

I was a militant black coffee, no milk, no sugar drinker,. I still love it, but it's hard on the stomach so I've switched to cappuccino, no sugar.

I was upset to come back to this thread to find I had voted for black, with a little sugar, instead of just black. It must have been a slip of the finger

Everyone has been doing this wrong it seems

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's mostly my technique (when I make it for my girlfriend because she hates the "notes of black forest gateaux" stuff I grind myself) and it's ... alright. Still vastly prefer it out of the hario v-60.

I wouldn't pay much attention to anyone's coffee making guide if they're putting milk into the coffee.

That's mostly my technique (when I make it for my girlfriend because she hates the "notes of black forest gateaux" stuff I grind myself) and it's ... alright. Still vastly prefer it out of the hario v-60.

I wouldn't pay much attention to anyone's coffee making guide if they're putting milk into the coffee.

What’s your problem with milk?
Compliments a lot of Ethiopian coffee.
I think it’s The Ethiopians have always put milk in their coffee

PS Aeropress FTW.

does anyone roast their own coffee beans?

I live next door to an Ethiopian couple (borderline nicest people on the planet - but then pretty much all Ethiopians seem to be) and we have some fairly intense bean conversations. (Not just coffee either, all sorts of beans get roasted, but coffee has its own special deal going on.)
Seemingly the ritual is you roast and grind your beans every time you want a cup of coffee. There's a beaten out plate thing, and a hook thing, and you roast the beans on the plate just over the cooker while scooping them about with the hook.

Once you've roasted the beans dark enough for your liking, they get ground and put into this clay (?) urn. Water and coffee is added until the mixture reaches the correct thickness*, then it's put onto the cooker to get heated up.

The whole ceremony is close to ritual, and apparently it's very common in Ethiopia.

*this word for thickness took a lot of translation, and we decided that it was closest. She was looking at the mixture for the correct texture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back