CocoRosie (sat dec 3) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 55
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2
giveadogabone said:
do road have them? prefer not to give booking fees to ticketbastard types...

road, city discs, sould cellar and wav have them. tickets.ie is a small dublin business, don't think the ticketbastard reference is fair..

cunt said:

In Totally Dublin they're asked about the line from their first album, which I love btw but always awince at this bit anyhow...

"Jesus Loves me, but not my wife, not my nigger or my friend"

they said it was about the church being racist not them... um...

I think (hope) they're just a bit kooky and confused... but funny you bringing that quote up, as I was thinking about this on my walk to work

were they talking about the cathloic church during the time of the inquisition? or the church of holy white people? i don't get it... been making enquiries about these ladies, not too crazy about the messages i'm getting back. but i could always be just a typical guy harshing birds because of their rock success. chaw, whatevers. i can dance with whoever i want in whichever way i want... and not even mah boyfriend can tell me different. chaw, like whaevahs.
xxx

chico said:
were they talking about the cathloic church during the time of the inquisition? or the church of holy white people? i don't get it... been making enquiries about these ladies, not too crazy about the messages i'm getting back. but i could always be just a typical guy harshing birds because of their rock success. chaw, whatevers. i can dance with whoever i want in whichever way i want... and not even mah boyfriend can tell me different. chaw, like whaevahs.
xxx

well the song is written and recorded in the stlye of a 1930's spritual blues folk song, alá an Alan Lomax recording or someting... all hiss and static... the paradox is recording a song about Negro's being excluded from the chruch in the style of a negro spiritual, church song like... whatever, just interesting that the two articles came up at the same time

a few weeks ago i got the coco rosie album called noahs ark....new one.....i'd never heard of them and only have on thumped in this last few weeks...... do they have other albums worth purchasing is what i'm wondering to cut a potential long ramble short......????????

buck said:
a few weeks ago i got the coco rosie album called noahs ark....new one.....i'd never heard of them and only have on thumped in this last few weeks...... do they have other albums worth purchasing is what i'm wondering to cut a potential long ramble short......????????

the first one is better - la maison de mon reve. buy that'un

Pantone247 said:
well the song is written and recorded in the stlye of a 1930's spritual blues folk song, alá an Alan Lomax recording or someting... all hiss and static... the paradox is recording a song about Negro's being excluded from the chruch in the style of a negro spiritual, church song like... whatever, just interesting that the two articles came up at the same time

and what business do they have singing about that? the only way that's accpetable is if they're covering someone else's song. otherwise it's completely unacceptable and ladyfest should cast them out. CAST THEM OUT!!!

anyway, who gives a shit... word on the street is they're ho's.

hag said:
and what business do they have singing about that? the only way that's accpetable is if they're covering someone else's song. otherwise it's completely unacceptable and ladyfest should cast them out. CAST THEM OUT!!!

anyway, who gives a shit... word on the street is they're ho's.

I think I wish some ladies would cast me out

One is married to Davendra Banheart yeah? But knowing them it was one of those freaky indian (Banheart & the Rosies daughters are) where they all god naked annd had to howl to the stars or something. Which of course legally means they are both up for the taking!

Milo Minderbinder said:
CocoRosie: The thinking man's Prussian Blue

I didn't realise until a friend told me recently that Prussia Blue was the name of one of the types of gases used in the chambers in the, as those sweet, highly informed girls refer to it as in an interview, "so-called holocaust". Those kids parents have a lot to answer for.

Pantone247 said:
Will be there tickets on the door for this, or does it look like selling out?

:confused:

tickets are fuckin flying out man, but I'll hold on to some for the door, but maybe not that many. Id either buy in advance or come real early

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back