Clothing Swap (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Ok, I've meant to do one of these so many times, it hurts. I have a massive amount of clothes I never wear. Some of them are really nice, and either don't fit me properly, or just never looked right in the first place.

Who among us would be interested in doing a clothing swap? Chances are, we'll all be a little broke after Christmas, and yet may also find it hard to suppress the need to hoard clothes. We could get together, throw all of our unwanted clothes, even accessories, into a pile, and trade stuff. Obviously, it would be advisable to bring things that are of sufficient use to someone else, but I imagine we'd be surprised how much of what bores us will send our friends squealing off with delight.

When I moved last year, I got rid of bags and bags of clothes, which were pilfered by friends like carrion birds. It was cool to see that stuff I liked, but didn't necessarily want to wear, went to a good home.

It might also help us all to get rid of that stuff that we haven't been able to let go of. If you knew you'd pick something up to replace it, you might. I might, anyway. The back of my closet is pathetic. There's so much awesome stuff that I just don't wear, but hang onto 'just in case'.

And finally, what better way to spend a Saturday afternoon than in someone's house, playing dress-up, eating snacks, and chuckling?

Anyone?

count me in!
i have a horrible clothes hoarding problem coupled with a very odd way of choosing outfits. i tend to obsess over the same four or five items for a few months at a time which leaves a giant surplus of clothes that i'm not wearing being totally ignored (usually for ever....aww sorry clothes)
it's taken me years to figure out that i never actually go back and wear the old stuff, i just buy something new and that phases one of the five current favourite pieces out....you get the picture.
i've lots of stuff i love but i'll never wear and it would be cool to know someone else was getting joy from it.

oh YES

I have a couple of bags of sad, unwanted garments gathering dust at the moment.

ah deadly
count me in
i'm not sure if i've much to contribute, but we'll see. i've always been a one for passing on band t-shirts to people who are more into the band than i am, this sounds kinda like an extension of that.
i just really want to have a Thumped Girly Day.

This is a brilliant, brilliant idea. I think I'd love to do this. Unfortunately I have very few clothes I don't want that other people would want. Is anyone very wee around here? Niece just grewed out of some really cute 0-3 monthsers. I might be able to steal them.

Sweet idea. I do this with my friend Gill about once a year. We organise our wardrobes and swap over the no-longer wanted but still well-regarded items. And usually by the next year, we're swapping back the exact same stuff that we now miss and are jealous of seeing the other wearing.

kirstie said:
oh YES

I have a couple of bags of sad, unwanted garments gathering dust at the moment.
hehe, I read this as 'I have a couple of bags of sand' the first time. oopsidaisie!

hey bag'o'cans, when u were dressed as a lady did u score?

Wavioli said:
hey bag'o'cans, when u were dressed as a lady did u score?
Only from my hips to my ankles was dressed as a lady, i scored with myself the next day.
(i wore the dress on a mountainside with crusties and assorted degenerates, it'll be a while before i venture out in public)

this is a deadly Idea, although I'm not much of a hoarder, I pretty regularly
give away clothes that I have gotten fed up of,
just had a drunken giveaway this weekend some nice stuff gone to new homes!

sarah said:
this is a deadly Idea, although I'm not much of a hoarder, I pretty regularly
give away clothes that I have gotten fed up of,
just had a drunken giveaway this weekend some nice stuff gone to new homes!
I'd be all for this..however...I always have to hold back on thses sort of things coz I'm quite tall..just under 6ft. It severely limits my swopping abilities. Although my sister is about 5ft 5 or so and I've noticed of late that suddenly i can wear her skirts and dresses and shit. Dunno how that happened. She has some fabulous stuff though, coz she lived in london for years. The average top is usually too short for me though, in that it may reach my waist but then if I bend over it's riding half way up my back.

What height are ye gurdles? Little and littler?
I may have to count myself well out ot this.
:(

I'm not quite sure but I think I'm about 5ft 4 or 5
but my mam (who has better taste than me) is always picking me
up stuff for taller people which I eventually end up giving away.

I'm 5 foot 3, but I actually have a lot of clothes that don't fit me properly precisely because they'd fit a tall person better than they would me. That's one of the beauties of a clothing swap! Something that looks not-so-good on me might look killer on someone else, and vice-versa.

A friend of mine has a daughter who is 12 and in 6th class in primary.
The girl is 5ft 9! and wear a size 9 shoe. She hasn't even made her bleedin confirmation yet! The mother says it's a nightmare trying to get clothes and shoes for her that suit her age. Naturally enough, what children's/teenagers' clothing manufacturer saw this girl coming?!

heh heh. I'm 5'5 - I just nearly always wear heels. Which make me about 5'9. It's all lies and trickery I'm afraid.

Super Dexta said:
i'm five foot two. sadieoutlaw is quite tall though. so is kirstie. fine women, the pair of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back