Clothing Swap (1 Viewer)

unfortunately, a word you could use to describe me currently is strapping. Cry. Will Go On Diet After The Christmas.

roxy said:
I think the word you're looking for is "strapping". :)
Or maybe that's reserved for use by aunties at weddings. :rolleyes:

kirstie said:
heh heh. I'm 5'5 - I just nearly always wear heels. Which make me about 5'9. It's all lies and trickery I'm afraid.
It's funny how sometimes, a pair of heels and a good attitude (accentuated by being happy in how you look -- ahem, *naysayers*) can make you appear taller. I always think it's funny when people take a while to realise how short I am. Zita made me laugh really hard when I met her because she said she expected me to be taller. I took it as a funny compliment.

heh - i have a gorgeous pair of 4-inch cork-heeled wedges, but i cannae wear them at all. it's all step, step, *crash*, step, step *crash*, go home, put heels under bed to gather dust, vow to embrace short-arsedness.

Kirstie I've seen you about a couple of times, and every time I've seen you I've thought 'she could teach me a thing or two about shoes'

I actually get love pains in my belly when I look at some shoes so I had to learn to walk in them. I remember Office had this pair of shoes that I saw in a magazine, they were black round toe 4 inch with pink polka dots. When I finally got a beautiful pair (not them though :( ), It was more of an epiphany than a learning process- one night I just wore them without crashing or not being able to walk the next day.

Hee-hiles are very much the domain of those who wear them, and if any dude says a word against them I will hee-hile him in the eye with my shoe of death. mkay?

jane said:
It's funny how sometimes, a pair of heels and a good attitude (accentuated by being happy in how you look -- ahem, *naysayers*) can make you appear taller. I always think it's funny when people take a while to realise how short I am. Zita made me laugh really hard when I met her because she said she expected me to be taller. I took it as a funny compliment.
It's because you're older than me, you should be bigger than me! That's my child-like logic. Now whenever I get a mental image of Jane she's a Thumbelina-sized sage sitting on the palm of my hand...

On the topic of high heels, it's just something I don't do. I can appreciate a beautiful shoe when I see one and don't have much difficulty wearing them, but when I do wear them I feel silly being elevated even a few inches, like "I should get down from here before I hurt myself" and I think having longer legs makes the proportions of my funny-shaped body even weirder. :confused:

I love wearing heels, I think they put my body in the proportion they
were naturally meant to be, alas my stumpy parentage saw to that,
The give the legs a nice shape aand make bums look better due to whatever
lifting is going on back there.
Although I did once pull a muscle in my leg after tryin to wear runners
after three non-stop years of high heels.
Now I try and alternate, it's good for the arches of your feet.

Heels usually work well for girls. They tighten your bum and make your legs look longer. This I have noticed after much observation.

Zita said:
On the topic of high heels, it's just something I don't do. I can appreciate a beautiful shoe when I see one and don't have much difficulty wearing them, but when I do wear them I feel silly being elevated even a few inches, like "I should get down from here before I hurt myself" and I think having longer legs makes the proportions of my funny-shaped body even weirder. :confused:
reppady would if reppady could.

not a high-heel wearer here. it's less the danger of falling over, more the fact that they make my feet hurt. i am such a delicate little flower.

oooh, and deffo count me in for this clothing swap. i have a huge bag of clothes for giveawayage that i have shrunk out of/grown out of/gotten bored with/wondered what possessed me to buy them. they were going to go to the oxfam shop, but if someone i know from the interbiscuit will love and cherish them, that'd be even better. i am 5 foot 6 or thereabouts and i believe my clothing "style" is "confused".

oh, and zita, if you come along you can see the results of my mad knitting skillz....

ha ha!

I love shoes. I love unsuitable shoes much more than frumpy I can walk in you and wear you to work shoes, hence my walk/work shoes are all on their last legs, but my evening collection are kept in their boxes and cooed over.

And it's just practice, walking in heels. Also I think it has a lot to do with the shape of your foot - I still can't wear pointy shoes at all as they are agony, but sandals and round toes are no bodder.

minka said:
not a high-heel wearer here. it's less the danger of falling over, more the fact that they make my feet hurt. i am such a delicate little flower.

oooh, and deffo count me in for this clothing swap. i have a huge bag of clothes for giveawayage that i have shrunk out of/grown out of/gotten bored with/wondered what possessed me to buy them. they were going to go to the oxfam shop, but if someone i know from the interbiscuit will love and cherish them, that'd be even better. i am 5 foot 6 or thereabouts and i believe my clothing "style" is "confused".

oh, and zita, if you come along you can see the results of my mad knitting skillz....
This is going to be such a good giggle. We'll all have flash new wardrobes!

kirstie said:
when shall we do this so??
How's about the middle of January? We should do it at a house where there is ample space for people, and a good place for trying stuff on. I offer mine, if people like. It's not very big, but it's cosy. Someone else might want to offer a more central location (although Ringsend isn't exactly waaaay out) with more space?

we could do it at mine - but it's not very big at all at all. But I do have 2 coffee pots.

roxy said:
A friend of mine has a daughter who is 12 and in 6th class in primary.
The girl is 5ft 9! and wear a size 9 shoe. She hasn't even made her bleedin confirmation yet! The mother says it's a nightmare trying to get clothes and shoes for her that suit her age. Naturally enough, what children's/teenagers' clothing manufacturer saw this girl coming?!

I feel her pain :( I was 5ft 7 when I left primary school and my feet haven't grown since I was 12 (size 42...8 or 9 depending on who you ask). Clothes weren't too hard to get but shoes were a nightmare, still are. I couldn't even wear most boys shoes cos my feet were too skinny and kept slipping out of them. The shop assistants used try to console me by telling me that I was lucky and I'd be able to wear all the designer shoes when I was older...sadly, they neglected to tell me how exactly I'd be able to afford aforementioned expensive shoes :rolleyes:

I'd be well on for the clothes swap too! Mind you, I was a goth for years so it's mostly black stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back