Clothes and haircuts (2 Viewers)

That’s the most middle aged thing I think I’ve read on here

You should check out the guitar forum.

I remember having a long long chat with an older friend, a woman of means, about whether or not she was permitted to shop in charity shops. She really liked it and found some great stuff, but at the same she kinda felt like she was slum-diving.
I thought she was being ridiculous, but it was on her mind. Someone needs to buy this stuff, why not her?

Personally, because of my odd alien shape I have never found any clothes worth buying at a charity shop.

Another one: at my wedding reception, one of the usually scruffy friends showed up in a suit and a leopard print tie. Clearly from a charity shop. I really appreciated the effort actually.
He says "I thought I'd dress up, for your wedding etc."
I said, like a total prick, "Why are you dressed like you're going to an African funeral?".

He still tells me about that.

i had to buy a suit in a hurry a couple of years ago because my old one was moth eaten; TK maxx is a good stop for a suit. it was only after i bought it i copped it makes me look like conor mcgregor. without the muscles. and the walk that makes it look like my armpits are itchy.

I got a class suit in a charity shop for a fiver, fit perfect and I can still wear it 10 years later. Got a pair of shoes with it for a fiver too, but they're a size too small and I can't hack that shit any more.
MV5BMTI5Mzk1MDc2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjIzMDA0MQ@@._V1_.jpg

i had to buy a suit in a hurry a couple of years ago because my old one was moth eaten; TK maxx is a good stop for a suit. it was only after i bought it i copped it makes me look like conor mcgregor. without the muscles. and the walk that makes it look like my armpits are itchy.
The bit where you say tk Maxx is good for a suit is directly contradicted in the sentence that follows.

Snap! I only get my hair cut once a year or so anyway

The latest indignity of ageing is my grey hair has started to go kinda yellow-y. I always had that idea that happened from people smoking, but I guess not. It's mostly at the ends, hopefully the barber will sort it out
You just need a nice purple shampoo

Booked a barber's appointment for Saturday.

I think I was getting a few hints.

"When are you booking the barber?"

Very unsatisfactory result. Ended up fixing it myself in a temper last night.

Also went on insta to search for my previous, pre pandemic beard guy as he appears to have moved on from where I usually go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back