Clothes and haircuts (6 Viewers)

I haven't got a hair cut since well before the pandemic. And I haven't bought any clothes, other than a pair of steel toed boots, a hi-viz jacket, and work trousers, at the local co-op.

I was moving constantly for the last few years, when people asked what I was up to I'd just tell them the local homeless people were complaining, but yeah, it's possibly starting to show.

I don't even know where to get clothes and crap in this country. I just got invited to a black tie event, for some reason, and the shattering reality dawned on me: I'm going to have to get my act together at some point.

Or am I? :dramatic music:

I haven't got a hair cut since well before the pandemic. And I haven't bought any clothes, other than a pair of steel toed boots, a hi-viz jacket, and work trousers, at the local co-op.

I was moving constantly for the last few years, when people asked what I was up to I'd just tell them the local homeless people were complaining, but yeah, it's possibly starting to show.

I don't even know where to get clothes and crap in this country. I just got invited to a black tie event, for some reason, and the shattering reality dawned on me: I'm going to have to get my act together at some point.

Or am I? :dramatic music:
Rent a suit. Don’t sell out.

I've never worn a suit.

I actually felt quite dapper wearing a suit. It's a bit like a force field. Like, you catch yourself in mirrors and think "woah, I'd take that cunt seriously".

But yeah, I'll be renting something for this gig.

I'll probably have to buy shoes for it though now that I think of it, I'm not wearing some manky punter's weird rental shoes.

I found a shop while on holidays called "Colourful standard". Plain logo-free t-shirts and hoodies and the like in lots of different colours. It's like it was made just for me. Pricey, but all organic cottom

(I didn't actually buy anything though, cos I'd done some clothes shopping before the hols so probably will do no more until 2027)

I actually felt quite dapper wearing a suit. It's a bit like a force field. Like, you catch yourself in mirrors and think "woah, I'd take that cunt seriously".

But yeah, I'll be renting something for this gig.

I'll probably have to buy shoes for it though now that I think of it, I'm not wearing some manky punter's weird rental shoes.
How did this go?

It's great getting a haircut and throwing a suit on and seeing that GQ side of yourself

I have loads of great vintage and contemporary retro suits. But I haven't worn them in years as I've not had the opportunity.

They probably don't fit anymore.

I wanna get some of these "tech pants" like not made of cotton or denim

1663256486954.png

Lululemon make these ones called ABC - which literally stands for Anti-Ball Crushing - which I can get behind
Just not sure if 50-somethings can pull these off the way that cool 20-somethings can

1663256594391.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back