Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (3 Viewers)

hmm. we spend the guts of a grand on electricity a year, and their guesstimate is that we'd save €300 a year on electricity. so that's a fifteen year payback time, probably.
more if you add battery storage - but they don't seem to say how much that adds to the cost.

according to mysolar if i spend 20 quid a month with them i can save €674 a year, or in other words €434. to be honest it's not an entirely convincing proposition.

this might be a better solution

I'm gonna keep posting that now for the next (10ˆ9)-1 years
Set it up as as scheduled post so it keeps posting after that time has elapsed.

REading the above - and I'd the same experience - loads of the greening stuff you can do to your house or get 'grants' is aimed squarely at people who have money to burn. Anyone mid mortgage, looking at an education for the kids or whatever can't be fucking money at stuff for kudos.

it's not even payback time, it's the encapsulated carbon in what you're buying; cf. my parents-in-law's solar panels. they're well able to afford it, but i doubt they've offset any carbon since getting it in, it was performative rather than environmental.

Solar panels will break after a decade. My dads broke after 5 years I think, literally weeks after the repair warranty on them expired. He rang up and gave out enough for them to fix it for free to make him go away.

my father in law is a case in point, he got solar panels (water) installed several years ago as a keeping up with the joneses effort. but they're a waste of time, their shower is electric. they don't actually *use* the hot wateer generated so are actually worse for the environment.

i plan to get enough of these to use for central heating so I won't have to rely on kerosene.
At that point I'll be removing the electric showers

lol, Spiked Online's reaction to the ISPCC report is as expected. No I won't be linking but in summary, it's all a middle class plot by the Guardian to stop the "wealth creators" who just want poor people to be rich.

Yeah, no. I’m reasonably competent at stuff like putting in smart light switches and replacing light fittings (haven’t killed myself yet anyway) but no way am I touching anything bigger than that.

you don't have to connect it all in;
You could fit everything and run the cables and then let a pro terminate. Save yourself the Labour costs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back