Cleeres Kilkenny contact? (1 Viewer)

according to one of last sundays property sections it's currently for sale at 1.5 million yo yo's.

I think it's stopped operating (the theatre part anyway), heard they were turning it into a smoking area or some such nonsense, and that's why the james yorkston gig scheduled there for tonght was moved to Connollys of Leap in west cork at short notice.

Jim A. Morrish said:
I think it's stopped operating (the theatre part anyway), heard they were turning it into a smoking area or some such nonsense, and that's why the james yorkston gig scheduled there for tonght was moved to Connollys of Leap in west cork at short notice.
not true.

The Coldspoon Conspiracy play there with Large Mound and Puget Sound (who completely stole the show from Oxes the other night, in my opinion) on Saturday 23rd October.

doublechecked the booking today....don't know what the story musta been with the James Yorkston gig.

Jim A. Morrish said:
I think it's stopped operating (the theatre part anyway)...

...calling it a theatre is pushing it a bit. It's basically a covered backyard (capacity:100 max?) and the beer kegs n stuff are stored behind the stage. Gigged there a while back and the bar man kept walking through the middle of the small stage carrying beer stuff to/from the bar during the set...loverly.

Anyway..no number to hand but a '11850' for 'John Cleere's pub, Kilkenny' should do it. 1.5mil? ...the reign of the aul man pub mustn't be over yet so.

clonan attack said:
yeah, it is for sale. it just don't affect the gigs
prepare for the worst. this is for sale and if you think it wont affect the gigs then you're wrong. i've had this happen twice before. the new owners are under no obligation to honour gigs booked by previous management. so they can phone you up the day of the gig and decide you're not playing. you'd be better to get in touch with whoever booked the gig and asking them, they might have to find a different venue.

just so you're not under any illusion

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back