Civil Partnership Bill (1 Viewer)

Ahhhhh,it makes sense now.can i have your priesthood?this lads doing well

FLDS-polygamy.jpg

those young fella's that founded rome done alright being raised by wolves.

Similarly this chap was born of a jackal and almost became president of the USA!

Not bad going I'd say

01a_damien.jpg

Here's the 'Adam and Steve' that usually gets mentioned in these arguments

Look there's even a dinosaur

Who could object to that

shererrobert_pyro_adam_and_steve.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8081829.stm

And what magicbastarder said with regards examples from nature.

YESSS I used Penguins as an example a few posts ago and here they are paying off.

villagepenguins.gif

Is there fucking anything gay penguins can't do ?

and before you say it

A Gay Penguin who took down two terrorist before feeding and clothing a lost child and flying then landing passenger jet in Norway was praised by Graham Norton for good work in destroying gay stereotypes. Norton said "Peter showed great courage in beating that terrorist to death with a sock filled with doorknobs, but even greater courage by dispelling the myth that gays can't raise children" Norton then went on to make several ribald remarks before leaving the scene in a phallous shaped nose mobile in other news the search for Keanu Reeves cheeks continues

I don't like revealing my sources but suffice to say this story is koshir.

Oh yeah, well done all of youz, it was all your work, I did nothing.

Got a fucking PM saying how i'd given her food for thought, and, and ANNNND I managed to end my tirade with a humorous nod to the Jungle Book.

but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, magicuntingbastarder said 'naturalistic' didn't he? It was all him.

fucking thumped, i'm going back to boards to get a bit of moderation

Hmm, blairwitch, I suspect you haven't had much real exposure to the natural world or the animal kindgom. As was pointed out many animals abandon their young, others are raised by only one parent, or a community of single-sex birds or animals. Some individual animals (I've seen dogs, cats and cattle) will actively try to kill their offspring by physically attacking them, or passively kill them by refusing to feed them. Animals are not better than people in this regard, some of them are reluctant or unsuitable parents.

It is certainly far from the norm for animal or bird offspring to be raised by their two biological parents, mostly because very few animal or bird species mate for life, or restrict themselves to mating with only one partner in any given season.

Yours is a lovely idealism, but far from the reality.

The bill was passed with only 4 votes against it.

No, Norris voted for it in the end. I doubt he could face being on the same side as Ronan Mullen at the end of the debate. I could see his point too, and while it doesn't offer full equality, it's nonetheless a historic milestone. Norris proposed (after the electronic vote) that they recorded a manual 'walk through' vote as it was such a big occasion (not least that anything passed with a 48:4 majority in the Seanad)

As great as this is, it's still not good enough.
If anyone's interested, there's a march for Civil Marriages being held on August 22nd.

LGBT NOISE
Hi everyone,
Tomorrow is the day Civil Partnership will be voted in by the Dail. Noise believes that LGBT people shouldn’t have to settle for half measures and second-class citizenship. So today we announce the date of the March for Marriage 2010 Sunday 22nd of August!
Last year a vibrant crowd of over five thousand people marched through the streets of the capital demanding full equality in the form of civil marriage.
Civil Partnership lacks many of the rights of Civil Marriage. The children of LGBT families are ignored by this bill. Civil Partnership forces vulnerable couples to participate in their own discrimination out of a basic necessity to protect themselves in whatever way they can. A separate system for certain citizen sends the message out to the rest of society that LGBT people can be treated differently and discriminated against in other areas.
Noise asks all those who support equal rights to gather their friends and family together to march with Noise on August 22nd. Further details and after-march party to be announced. Add LGBT Noise on Facebook or join our mailing list for updates.
Civil Marriage Now!
Love and noise,
The Noise Team

If by 'march' you mean 'make sarcastic comments on the internet while not actually doing anything' then yeah, totally

gay people only. you can domestic partnership them i think

Civil Partnership:
Civil Partnership will be a limited set of rights for gay and lesbian couples only.
Our current (and previous) Government have promised to introduce a registration scheme called ‘Civil Partnership’ for gay and lesbian couples. An outline of the scheme was published in June 2008, but a completed scheme has not yet been released.
Civil Partnership will be limited legal status open to gay couples only. It will grant certain legal rights such as next-of-kin status and property rights; it will also grant certain tax and social welfare benefits currently unavailable to same-sex couples.

Domestic partnership:
This is a limited ’safety net’ scheme being introduced for long-term cohabiting couples who do not marry (if they are a straight couple) or obtain a Civil Partnership (if they are a gay couple).
It is separate from Civil Partnership, and will be open to both same-sex and opposite-sex couples. It will provide certain basic protections for cohabiting couples who break up without marrying/obtaining a Civil Partnership - such as in the area of common assets and property division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back