Civil Partnership Bill (1 Viewer)

Getting married for a straight couple doesn't have to involve inviting your 500 uncles and aunts etc. The civil registration costs a couple of hundred and you just need 2 friends as witnesses. I've been assuming that this Bill is creating that option, or a similar concept, for same sex couples.

Getting married for a straight couple doesn't have to involve inviting your 500 uncles and aunts etc. The civil registration costs a couple of hundred and you just need 2 friends as witnesses. I've been assuming that this Bill is creating that option, or a similar concept, for same sex couples.

It's sort of hard for me to put in to words my opinions on marriage without inadvertantly insulting everyone that is married so I'd best leave it.

here look, she actually refered to herself as a "gal" early on in the thread, that should have discredited everything that everybody wrote after this point.

Gal? Are you a country & irish singer? WTF?

It's sort of hard for me to put in to words my opinions on marriage without inadvertantly insulting everyone that is married so I'd best leave it.

It's impossible for me to put my opinions on anything into words without deliberately insulting everyone in general but it never stops me.

So let rip single horned mythical horse.

It's impossible for me to put my opinions on anything into words without deliberately insulting everyone in general but it never stops me.

So let rip single horned mythical horse.

Horned mythical horse?

unicron.jpg

The site is supposed to be run by some of this wonderful family http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2010/0710/1224274400543.html

The placard holders are members of one big family. When challenged by a pinstriped cyclist, 21-year-old Enoch Burke takes him on. “Well, where does Aids begin?” asks Enoch, following up with HIV figures from St James’s Hospital, to “prove” that homosexuals started it. “God help you,” says the cyclist mournfully. Enoch, who declined a place in medicine at University College Galway, is one of 10 children – all with biblical names – of Sean and Martina Burke from Castlebar, Co Mayo.

His brother Isaac is in third-year science in Galway. Esther is working for her HDip. Ammi hopes to study languages. The family belong to no particular sect. “We’re just a Christian church,” says Martina.

How do she and Sean find the time to support their large family and stand all day outside Leinster House? Sean, she says, was a qualified electrician, “and does a lot of different things now”. Martina, a qualified secondary teacher, “still does private tuition” for exam students. “Of course there are a thousand other things we could be doing. I could cry coming up,” she says, “but there’s a lot of unrest in the country, and the politicians are not representing the people.”

The Bible sustains them on the three- to four-hour drive from Castlebar two or three days a week, before they stand tall with their placards for up to nine hours a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back