CIRCLE - COMING TO IRELAND (MAY) (1 Viewer)

Ex-User (4368)

ya - that amazing psych prog rock band from finland are coming here to play dates between 3rd and 7th of MAY 2006. more info soon!

-----

Formed in 1991, Circle is the most visible and prolific name in the Finnish avant-rock underground. Having survived innumerable lineup changes, the band and its founder, bassist/vocalist/guitarist Jussi Lehtisalo, have constantly reinvented themselves, weaving hypnotic mantras out of exacting Krautrock beats, heavy riffs, arty noise, dark psychedlia, and soundtrack-like beauty. Hard, chilly repetition has served as the lone unifying theme throughout 15 years of experiments.

The acclaim heaped upon Circle and its myriad side projects--Pharaoh Overlord, Rättö ja Lehtisalo, Ektroverde, Eturivi and Kirvasto--has grown steadily thanks to a stream of records in the USA, Canada, UK, Japan, Germany, and Finland (with the latter often released by Lehtisalo's Ektro label). The current four-man incarnation's most recent disc is Tulikoira, which brings '80s metal themes and crazed tape collages to the fore.

Circle's live shows have been internationally praised for their advanced musicianship and eye-popping visuals (films, theatrics, singer/keyboardist Mika Rättö's Rob Halford costume). Viewed as scene godfathers in their vibrant hometown of Pori and as cult heroes abroad, the group has shared European and American stages with the likes of Acid Mothers Temple, Sunn O))), Merzbow, Jim O'Rourke, Faust, and Träd Gräs och Stenar. Each gig is an exercise in sensory overload that masterfully explores the outer limits of grinding tension and celestial calm.
(Jordan Mamone)

chico said:
ya - that amazing psych prog rock band from finland are coming here to play dates between 3rd and 7th of MAY 2006. more info soon!

-----

Formed in 1991, Circle is the most visible and prolific name in the Finnish avant-rock underground. Having survived innumerable lineup changes, the band and its founder, bassist/vocalist/guitarist Jussi Lehtisalo, have constantly reinvented themselves, weaving hypnotic mantras out of exacting Krautrock beats, heavy riffs, arty noise, dark psychedlia, and soundtrack-like beauty. Hard, chilly repetition has served as the lone unifying theme throughout 15 years of experiments.

The acclaim heaped upon Circle and its myriad side projects--Pharaoh Overlord, Rättö ja Lehtisalo, Ektroverde, Eturivi and Kirvasto--has grown steadily thanks to a stream of records in the USA, Canada, UK, Japan, Germany, and Finland (with the latter often released by Lehtisalo's Ektro label). The current four-man incarnation's most recent disc is Tulikoira, which brings '80s metal themes and crazed tape collages to the fore.

Circle's live shows have been internationally praised for their advanced musicianship and eye-popping visuals (films, theatrics, singer/keyboardist Mika Rättö's Rob Halford costume). Viewed as scene godfathers in their vibrant hometown of Pori and as cult heroes abroad, the group has shared European and American stages with the likes of Acid Mothers Temple, Sunn O))), Merzbow, Jim O'Rourke, Faust, and Träd Gräs och Stenar. Each gig is an exercise in sensory overload that masterfully explores the outer limits of grinding tension and celestial calm.
(Jordan Mamone)

Their last album wasn't as good as earlier stuff. Please ask them not to play anything from it. Cheers, good luck.

yay! Fantastic ... can't wait ...

Hi-

It's been a long time since i booked a tour so i mailed all the promoters around the place i used to work with with available dates for this tour. like, i'm almost sure i have an out-of-date email for the AMC etc... if you'd be into putting them on, please get in touch. thanks.

hagshag (at) gmail (dot) com

Circle Irish Tour – 2006

Wed 03/05/06 – TBC w. UBS
Thurs 04/05/06 – Dublin (The Hub) Skinny Wolves Club w. UBS & R/S
Fri 05/05/06 – TBC w. UBS
Sat 06/05/06 – TBC w. UBS
Sun 07/05/06 – TBC w. UBS

oh ya, circle will be playing as a 5-piece on this tour for maximum effect.

for people against headlifting, this tour is not for you.

cool...last time i saw them a year ago, they'll probably be really different this time. I hope the extra instrument is guitar, i'm not into the organ-drum-moustache-thing...though circle have been deadly even doing that so

Jaakko, are these drinking buddies of yours?

circledpu.jpg

nah, those fuckers live in Pori and never talk to anyone, let alone do anything as common as drink pints...

hey, you have a date set for magic markers yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back