CIRCLE (Finland) / Slomatics / UBS - Dublin, Fri 5th May (2 Viewers)

Circle were unbelievably good. I was a bit meh about it at the start but it really sucked me in after a while. I could have listened to them for hours. Awesome.

Nice one Hag etc!

UBS totally blew my mind. One of the most exciting performances I've seen in ages. Slomatics are too cool for school. Pity about circle but. I couldn't get into em at all. I would've paid the money to see the first two bands anyway so I aint disappointed.

Judging by the crowds reaction I really thought I was the only one not being blown away, glad to hear I'm not going mad.

Slomatics were amazing.

i reckon a gig is pretty successful when half the people love it and half the people don't get it. means the band was awesome. :)

circle were cool in an alan vega vs. can vs. the riddler kinda way.
and drool means he means it.

saw the end of usb.. sound like jimmy cake impro buildy uppy standardness but their gig in vibrator was rad.. mainly due to the nordic priestess they pull out towards the end...

i thought slolothartiamtics were fairly derivative.

It's funny that Slomatics have had a few people knock them for being derivitave or unoriginal when the first rockin' riff Circle played was a Ted Nugent one and I'm sure I heard Blockbuster by The Sweet in there somewhere too. Some of the other riffs were familiar too. I'm not saying they were bad,but from that point of view Slomatics definately come out top in originality.

Good gig,lost intrest in Circle prety quickly but it just wasnt my thing,i realised last night my music taste is pretty much confined to big riffs and solos:)

Slomatics,probably one of the most consistant bands in Ireland,I think they are great and never disapoint.

Missed UBS despite my best of intentions to get down early.:eek:

Cool venue and really well organised.

missed ubs. Slomatics were great, sounded like they were doing their art minimal set to please the circle fans. Circle had good parts and then some parts that couldve stayed in the practice room, Venue was too hot. Gib's hair was in the way. And he was on the pseudo raz.

wasn't mad about some of the stuff they did but in general circle were hilarious/deadly - i loved yer man's drooling paula radcliffe impression- haven't laughed so much in ages
twas a very enjoyable gig and circle are definitely worth a look at ze lazybird if you didn't catch them on friday

nEiLo said:
LAZYBIRD - tonight - CIRCLE - 10 Euro

as promised, pictures; like these ones; http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/RazPhoto/xxxxxNEW%20PICSxxxxxx/
931701fa.jpg

9bbe3e75.jpg

31d6187f.jpg

42e5cd10.jpg

51ce0186.jpg

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
It's funny that Slomatics have had a few people knock them for being derivitave or unoriginal when the first rockin' riff Circle played was a Ted Nugent one and I'm sure I heard Blockbuster by The Sweet in there somewhere too. Some of the other riffs were familiar too. I'm not saying they were bad,but from that point of view Slomatics definately come out top in originality.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. you're the jeans guy.

hag said:
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. you're the jeans guy.

I don't remember if the last time this term was used it was explained to me,so I don't know if it's a criticism or a compliment. But yes,I do usually wear jeans and find nothing wrong with that.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I don't remember if the last time this term was used it was explained to me,so I don't know if it's a criticism or a compliment. But yes,I do usually wear jeans and find nothing wrong with that.
no, it was something i said to you in that debate we had about 'rock' somewhere else on this board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back