Ciao Trap. Next. (2 Viewers)

Please let O'Neill get the Palace gig.

I'd prefer MON to Big Mick. I just think there's too much baggage with Mick. The media and that. And I know it's silly to rule out a manager cos of the media but that's the age we live in. But I don't think either would be all that different in terms of what they'd bring to the team footballing wise anyway.

I'd prefer MON to Big Mick. I just think there's too much baggage with Mick. The media and that. And I know it's silly to rule out a manager cos of the media but that's the age we live in. But I don't think either would be all that different in terms of what they'd bring to the team footballing wise anyway.

I don't think there's any Irish manager that I'd really be happy to see get the job. I think you're right in that MON and Mick would likely do similar jobs and in part if comes down to me thinking that MON is a bit of a prick and Mick is sound.

According to McCarthy he hasn't been approached at all. Talk of Noel 'Do your homework' King handling the friendlies (speaking of which, if you're going to go back to Poznan, do it in May/June for fuck sake, not November in sub-zero). But I think Mick doesn't give a fuck about the media, one thing I really like about him, and he has a good handle on them anyway. No worries there.
If MON is hedging his bets, as everyone seems to be concluding, then they should tell just him to fuck off.

Glamour tie against Latvia in Lansdowne announced for the 15th..
Latvia friendly confirmed by FAI - RTÉ Sport

Does this mean the FAI are announcing a manager in the next few days? Or more time for Kinger to work on his Total Football strategy.. What's the minimum number of people they need to show up to make a match day in the Aviva financially viable?

Best thing they can do is what they did for the FAI Cup Final and make tickets a tenner and kids a fiver. I think there was 20-25k at it a couple of years ago when they did that. Bloody freezing it was but enjoyable stuff and a great and inexpensive family day out.

Glamour tie against Latvia in Lansdowne announced for the 15th..
Latvia friendly confirmed by FAI - RTÉ Sport

Does this mean the FAI are announcing a manager in the next few days? Or more time for Kinger to work on his Total Football strategy.. What's the minimum number of people they need to show up to make a match day in the Aviva financially viable?
They're going for a record, obvs. I'd say 15 people will turn up for that.

What's the minimum number of people they need to show up to make a match day in the Aviva financially viable?

That's a really good question. I have no idea. But the €10 ticket is definitely the only way to get anyone into that. Is it a pathetic attempt to claw back a few FIFA rankings or what?

That's a really good question. I have no idea. But the €10 ticket is definitely the only way to get anyone into that. Is it a pathetic attempt to claw back a few FIFA rankings or what?
Okay does anyone know how FIFA actually work this shit out ?

They have a calculator on the site. I entered Ireland to beat Poland 1-0 and by their calculations we'd actually drop 4 points for that result. It's a fucking mystery.

Okay does anyone know how FIFA actually work this shit out ?

Haven't a bull's notion, but there's a few geeks on other sites who plot Ireland's projected and ups and downs after each game, explaining why, and then say before FIFA update where Ireland are going to be. Home victory against Latvia is probably worth one or two places.
Sad.

Haven't a bull's notion, but there's a few geeks on other sites who plot Ireland's projected and ups and downs after each game, explaining why, and then say before FIFA update where Ireland are going to be. Home victory against Latvia is probably worth one or two places.
Sad.
Well that's my point it probably isn't.

Poland are ranked 69 we're ranked 60 we beat them by less than 2 goals we lose points. Latvia are ranked 117 so not beating them by a hatful means we probably lose points.

It seems to be like a handicap in golf. So if we can't play and beat teams ranked above us we'll just slide down the rankings it seems.

Yes, you can lose points by drawing to a weaker team alright, that stands to reason.
19 points is not a lot really though, is it?

Unless they look at your points for the month/period, and average that against your previous points, in which case you could lose points even when you win?

Ah, fuck it, it's as convoluted and opaque as FIFA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back