chromatics (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

what's the story with this lot then?
I like the album but there's something about them that turns me off...
Instrumental tracks are cool though, sounds like the soundtrack to Phantasm.

first cd (chrome ratz) was sixteen tracks of very lofi nowave. some great songs stuck in there. hannah (gossip) on drums/bits of vocals. second album (plaster hounds) dumped her in favour of the guy from get hustle and a drum machine. much darker. amazing album. then they got too friendly with johnny jewel from glass candy and dropped noise for keyboards. i haven't heard the new one, but the night 12" was great. they don't seem to tour much which is a pity.

I only have the new record. It's actually well good, been listening to it a lot.
Gotta check out the other stuff.

what zha said, pretty much on the money, last album is great and new direction is incredible. they have toured with Glass Candy in the past, they don't tour much as they both have full time jobs, we tried to do it last year but they decided to tour the US, as there time was tight. Johnny Jewel is notorious for taking ages to do tracks, spent a year on one, trying to get the strings right, i have a whole albums worth on a cdr that was meant to come out on troubleman that was scraped. yeah, bloody great band

Yeah, Aron summed it up nicely there. I don't have the second album but Chrome Ratz is jangly no-wave classness for the most part, very different to what they are doing now. I think Night Drive is amazing but I'm not too fussed on Shining Violence, although it may be a bit of a grower.

Going to see Glass Candy in Melbourne in March.|..|

I prefer Glass Candy to Chromatics but pretty much everything on Italians Do It Better is well worth hearing. Especially the 'After Dark' comp from last year.

This crowd Tiedye from Sweden have an e.p coming out next month on IDIB. Their cover of 'Nothing Else Matters' is narcotic disco coooool!

This crowd Tiedye from Sweden have an e.p coming out next month on IDIB. Their cover of 'Nothing Else Matters' is narcotic disco coooool!
have they got a myspace, cant seem to find anything?

not on itdib but these guys are worth checking out too, aeroplane from belgium.
djing here in april too.

yeh that blog is fantastic..definetly one of the better ones out there.
ill take a root around on there for them

Is this the same band that did the tune In The City that was on Foggy Notions free cd? I really liked that a lot. Can't believe there isn't more than one band called the Chromatics though. Is it really the same guys? Jangly no-wave sound nothing like that track.

Is this the same band that did the tune In The City that was on Foggy Notions free cd? I really liked that a lot. Can't believe there isn't more than one band called the Chromatics though. Is it really the same guys? Jangly no-wave sound nothing like that track.

that'd be them.

the ones I'm talking about anyways

I would fucking LOVE to see Glass Candy play in Ireland. We gotta get them over they're the fucking nuts man!

Chromatics are deadly too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back