christmas (1 Viewer)

One year my grandmother wrapped up her own handbag with everything in it and gave it to my aunt.

Another year she got me a camera with half a roll of film already shot on it.

RIP grandmother, you were cool.

Last edited:
One year my grandmother wrapped up her own handbag with everything in it and gave it to my aunt.

Another year she got me a camera with half a roll of film already shot in it.

#
she sounds amazing.

I'm all done too, 'cept for something for my great aunt. GOD knows what I'll get her, she gives away all her presents. She's given me things I've bought for her before, forgetting they were from me, with a "do you want this auld shite? I won't use it"

She sounds great, I love old people who are too old to give a fuck.

Another year she got me a camera with half a roll of film already shot on it.

She's been gone for a decade at this stage but my gran and my (also late) aunt used to live together and would regularly get visits from distant relations on Sundays. Eventually dementia did set in but long before that if she was bored of the visitors she would loudly say to my aunt "when are they going?"

I'm all done too, 'cept for something for my great aunt. GOD knows what I'll get her, she gives away all her presents. She's given me things I've bought for her before, forgetting they were from me, with a "do you want this auld shite? I won't use it"
A bowling ball with your name engraved on it.

Myself and herself agreed not to buy each other anything or our families anything this year coz saving/budgeting/mortgage bollox etc.
So I’ve made a fuckload of spicey chutney for presents and we posted a hape of cards yesterday. That’ll have to do

My family's Christmas plans are currently in a state of flux because my sister's ex (they have kids , complicated) is a fucking prick and acting the bollocks. No clue what part of the country we'll be having it in, and how many will be in attendance.

I probably shouldn't say that in public, but I need to vent my feeling that he is a fucking prick who is acting the bollocks.

Bar a couple of bottles of booze I have the presents bought. I'm leaving the booze until the last minute because it will only end up getting drunk.
By me.
I haven't bought anything. I might give my 7-year-old nephew my vinyls copy of 'In on the Kill Taker' that I bought after it was on album club. That'll be one less present to get then.

Ha, my Dad does that. Although occasionally he'll belatedly start to like a gift after initially turning his nose up at it and but will still forget who got it for him which is nearly worse :mad:

Ha, my Dad does that. Although occasionally he'll belatedly start to like a gift after initially turning his nose up at it and but will still forget who got it for him which is nearly worse :mad:

Classic dad behaviour. I got my dad a gopro this year, gave it to him early because he's away for Christmas. He was like "Oh right. a TINY camera. Thanks" and could barely even act NEUTRAL. Flash forward to me logging onto Facebook and seeing him posting action videos of his orienteering adventures with hokey MS Paint type captions and he's all "Oh ho guess who's Steven fucking Spielberg"

Classic dad behaviour. I got my dad a gopro this year, gave it to him early because he's away for Christmas. He was like "Oh right. a TINY camera. Thanks" and could barely even act NEUTRAL. Flash forward to me logging onto Facebook and seeing him posting action videos of his orienteering adventures with hokey MS Paint type captions and he's all "Oh ho guess who's Steven fucking Spielberg"
Hahahaahahahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back