christmas movie i'm looking forward to (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
narnia and harry potter.

narnia looks good, and i reckon HP will be too even though i've ever seen 2 harry potter movies and never read the books.

The Goblet of Fire film... hmmmm... dunno... I read the book (which is excellent and is the best of the series so far)... but the film sort of skims through it. There's some pretty important understories that have been left out.
But it's very easy on the eye. Pretty spectacular.

I really enjoyed HarPot. It was no nonsense fair, and rattled along a pace.
Not sure about Ron's misfired cussin' at HP, and the ham fisted attempts at teenage romance, though all else passed muster. Highlights were the games sequences which moved from the dream like to the trip-tastic. Unfortunatley my cinematic experience was slightly hampered by the smell of my neighbours sweaty armpits, which I tempered by rolling my polar neck up over my face, only emerging now and then to quaff apple cables.
Narnia is on the cards for this Friday afternoon as a Christmas precursor.
A swift office poll has ascertained that it's squarely aimed at children, but a spectacle none the less.

Narnia is christian-propaganda garbage. The film is not as bad as the book in this respect but it is there. Harry Potter was good but as usual the kids can't act and the whole thing is way too long, although given the size of the books its not really surprising.

Wilbert said:
Narnia is christian-propaganda garbage. The film is not as bad as the book in this respect but it is there. Harry Potter was good but as usual the kids can't act and the whole thing is way too long, although given the size of the books its not really surprising.

I remember loving those books when I was 7 or 8, never re-read them since and it's funny recently hearing everybody saying that they're basically Christian propoganda cause I completely missed that side of it when I was a kid.. I must have thought they were just adventure stories. I recall there being a BBC TV series done of it at some point in the early 90s that wasn't bad.

Here ,Here! but i did go see both as I had nothing else to do. all that came to mind when Aslan was mentioned, well was the poxy ,PLEASE PUT YOUR SHIRT BACK ON CHRISTIE,Aslan...Crraaaazzzy Woorrrld ..its not alright its brutal

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back