Choice music awards=bollox (1 Viewer)

Read a thing about that Choice music awards in the paper today and got that old familar 'the irish music scene is a petri dish for mediocrity ' feeling.

Have to say im pushing 30 and ive never really seen any local bands that were up to sracth. Why are there so many crappy bands in this country.

Is it because standards are so low and you can make a career being just another poxy singer song writer singing the usually male isolationalist wank.

thoughts?
.|..|

Look, if you're bag is Inuit Nose Flute music played through a roll of tinfoil then you need to start your inuit nose flute band and stop using your energy for comments about how we're in a constant musical famine.

Irish syndrome strikes again where we compare ourselves to the "musically superior USA and UK". I'm not sure if you've ever thrawled through the hundreds and thousands of bands on myspace that aren't Irish but I can guarantee you wouldn't find your promised land of fantastical music in any other country.

It's a silly statement. Next Topic.

Look, if you're bag is Inuit Nose Flute music played through a roll of tinfoil then you need to start your inuit nose flute band and stop using your energy for comments about how we're in a constant musical famine.

Irish syndrome strikes again where we compare ourselves to the "musically superior USA and UK". I'm not sure if you've ever thrawled through the hundreds and thousands of bands on myspace that aren't Irish but I can guarantee you wouldn't find your promised land of fantastical music in any other country.

It's a silly statement. Next Topic.

listen to seagull for he speaks the truth

Apart from the Dubliners, The Pogues and Christy Hennessy, all Irish music is shite, particularly that whingey shit played by a solitary bloke on a guitar. Shit multiplied by ten if it's accompanied by a cellist.

Also, all music awards, wether nationally or internationally, have become laughable affairs since Anthony and The Johnsons won the Mercury.

Irish music I like is beamed directly into my brain by the TV. There must be something wrong with yours.

Apart from the Dubliners, The Pogues and Christy Hennessy, all Irish music is shite, particularly that whingey shit played by a solitary bloke on a guitar. Shit multiplied by ten if it's accompanied by a cellist.

Also, all music awards, wether nationally or internationally, have become laughable affairs since Anthony and The Johnsons won the Mercury.

please folks, can we keep this thread on topic. fish puns ONLY!

Bass Player
Bass_player.JPG

Shiver me timbers you young whippersnapper.
And while yer at it give us a blowjob.

this thread has taken quite a sinister turn

EDIT: Ha ha ha ha ha who the fuck tagged this thread "Gee smell"???

Go on, show yourself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back