Chinese Food (1 Viewer)

Wobbler

Website
www.discogs.com
There are a couple of Chinese restaurants on Moore St and Parnell St. They're not like normal Chinesers for a number of reasons:
1)They're mainly catering for the Chinese communitynot for drunk Irish people
2)They cook nice food
3)They're seriously cheap
4)The food seems to be reasonably authtentic.

Anyone been?

The one I go to is on Moore St. It's the first one you see on the right hand side if you're coming from Henry St. I had an unbelievably nice prawn dish and a beer (the beer isn't on the menu but if you ask for one you get one) all for €12.50. There's not alot of places in Dublin offering value like that.

Admitedly it's not a swanky looking place and I wouldn't recommend it for a wedding anniversary romantic meal but the food is very good.

Aint been myself but if you can be arsed trawling through the restaurant recommendations thread there's lots of banter on there about em.

Folks of the inner city area..... cheng du chinese take-away is amazing. For the first time in my life I ate all the contents of a meal. This may be something to do with the fact that they had more than 'mixed vegetable' dishes for vegetarians. But it was truly lovely nosh.

That place is fantastical! You can bring your own beer! They have all the veggie dishes IN THE WORLD! Aww man, I'm starving. And nothing but disgusting fennell soup for break (I still haven't gotten it together to make sandwiches)

I got a Chinese takeaway from Rathmines on Sunday, 'cos I was absolutely ravenous. It was gross. I hate Chinese takeaways. That gloupy gelatinous sauce and the rubbery meat... always gross.

The eat in places on Parnell St are much better though. Green tea and all that.

The one I go to is on Moore St. It's the first one you see on the right hand side if you're coming from Henry St.

is that the one with the lanterns outside? and the husband and wife team?

if so, that's my favourite place to eat. broccolli with double seafood (prawn and squid) is delicious. yum yum yum.

is that the one with the lanterns outside? and the husband and wife team?

if so, that's my favourite place to eat. broccolli with double seafood (prawn and squid) is delicious. yum yum yum.

That's the one, I think. Didn't no they were a husband and wife team.

Aint been myself but if you can be arsed trawling through the restaurant recommendations thread there's lots of banter on there about em.

Folks of the inner city area..... cheng du chinese take-away is amazing. For the first time in my life I ate all the contents of a meal. This may be something to do with the fact that they had more than 'mixed vegetable' dishes for vegetarians. But it was truly lovely nosh.

china house and shanghai are near you two and are really nice. particularly shanghai. plenty of tofu dishes for you veggies.

actually, harolds x is full of nice chineses. fortune cookie being the current fave. sarah gets some tofu starter thing which loooks really nice with peanutty bits in. i personally dont care for tofu but nice ribs and satay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back