check out the size of this bastard (2 Viewers)

Really, I've seen one wasp all summer... thought that they were on the verge of extinction. Told you painting the bathroom with a mixture of honey and strawberry jam wasn't a good idea but would you listen... nooooo.

So I was all Mr Bravado coolio Maccers there, not minding the spiders at all, clearing out the rocky bits of the back garden, seeing the shnake skins, no problems, seeing the actual shnakes, no problem.
All kinds of spiders all over the shop.
Sound.

And then.... I was thinking. This being the US of A and all, some of those spidery lads might be a bit naughty. And might not take kindly to my grabbing their rock and bite the hand off me. And then I was all ahhh bollix...what's the deal here now.

Puts a different complexion on it when those bad boys have poison in them so it does. Apparently you can find these lads round my neck of the woods...
blackwidow.gif

And those boys is evil. E. Vil. They are the Adebisi of spiders those lads are.

My bedroom has been riddled with them recently. One ran across my head when i was in bed the other night. I don't think I've ever moved so fast in my life. And then I started crying when I was trying to catch it, and I couldn't get close enough to catch it and it ran under my bed and I slept in the spare room for the next two nights. So since then I've given up trying to do the humane thing and I hit them with an umbrella. The bastards though. I wasn't even scared of spiders when I was a kid and now they have me in bits. Fuxache.

i wonder was he any relation of this wee fella i discovered sitting on the curtains beside me the other night... i thought this lad was big enough.

Attachments

• 20070916IMG_8577.jpg
    20070916IMG_8577.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20070916IMG_8579.jpg
    20070916IMG_8579.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20070916IMG_8581.jpg
    20070916IMG_8581.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 24
must be the weather

For God's sake Pete, grow a pair (of breasts)! That spider is tiny!

This being the US of A and all, some of those spidery lads might be a bit naughty.

Saw a documentay about people getting bit by black widows and the like and this woman got bit on the end of her little finger and they had to cut it off. Then about a year later they had t cut her hand off. Year by year she lost bit by bit of her arm and it looked like it was never going to stop. In hindsight, they probably should have cut the whole arm off at the beginning. The poison is still hanging around in there.

since i moved back here i've had face offs with (and had to murder) no less than five of those fucking bastards.

uuuuuuuuggggggggggggghhhhhhhhgoaway

- one of them took 20 MINUTES TO DIE.

he just would not fuck off. not even after i poured boiling water over him and held sprayed the contents of a deoderant can on him AND had the tap running on the bath so he would drown.

do you think these fuckers are a sign that the apocalypse is upon us?

- one of them took 20 MINUTES TO DIE.

he just would not fuck off. not even after i poured boiling water over him and held sprayed the contents of a deoderant can on him AND had the tap running on the bath so he would drown.

do you think these fuckers are a sign that the apocalypse is upon us?

I used to think you were cool. Now you're just a spider murderer.

Coud you not have just got a glass and a bit of cardboard and helped the little fella on his way?

If he was in the bath then he couldn't get out of it anyway. The surface is too shiny to climb back up on. You have to make a toilet roll ladder for them.

Poor fucker made a mistake and paid for it with his life. He didn't know about acrylic baths, him being a spider and all.

RIP

I used to think you were cool. Now you're just a spider murderer.

Coud you not have just got a glass and a bit of cardboard and helped the little fella on his way?

If he was in the bath then he couldn't get out of it anyway. The surface is too shiny to climb back up on. You have to make a toilet roll ladder for them.

Poor fucker made a mistake and paid for it with his life. He didn't know about acrylic baths, him being a spider and all.

RIP

:(

look im sorry and yes my karma will be even worse now but he was MASSIVE. i am terrified of them and cannot even comprehend having my hands anywhere near them - and to help him out i would have had to do that.
im off to bed now to dream of what a bad person i am

Saw a documentay about people getting bit by black widows and the like and this woman got bit on the end of her little finger and they had to cut it off. Then about a year later they had t cut her hand off. Year by year she lost bit by bit of her arm and it looked like it was never going to stop. In hindsight, they probably should have cut the whole arm off at the beginning. The poison is still hanging around in there.

Jesus.

I'll... be wearing gloves from now on.

There is hordes of them out there, in the rock pile. The snakes and the spiders love those hot rocks.
No black widows as far as I can see, yet, but mother of god... yeah. Gloves.

I had a few run ins with Huntsmen spiders in Oz.
Feckin' massive things they are (around 10-15cm across). Completley harmless though.

huntsman.jpg

A few months back I was stayin' in a friends gaff. I got the top bunk which had collapsed recently at a party. So come bed time, I climbed *very carefully* up & into bed for fear of it collapsing again. As soon as I had my head on the pillow I noticed a MASSIVE huntsman spider directly above my face on the roof about a foot away. Internally I was completley panicing but I couldn't move suddenly because the bed would collapse! So I slowly slid out of the bed onto the floor.

Anyhooo, commotion ensued as we chased the thing around the room to murder it. The weirdesy bit was when we got the Dyson Vaccum cleaner out to try and suck it from the wall where it had run to. The vaccum was ON FULL POWER about a cm from the spider and it just clung on to the wall. FEAR. I couldn't help picturing myself frantically trying to remove it clinging to my face Aliens-style.

This is my story.

I had a few run ins with Huntsmen spiders in Oz.
Feckin' massive things they are (around 10-15cm across). Completley harmless though.

huntsman.jpg

A few months back I was stayin' in a friends gaff. I got the top bunk which had collapsed recently at a party. So come bed time, I climbed *very carefully* up & into bed for fear of it collapsing again. As soon as I had my head on the pillow I noticed a MASSIVE huntsman spider directly above my face on the roof about a foot away. Internally I was completley panicing but I couldn't move suddenly because the bed would collapse! So I slowly slid out of the bed onto the floor.

Anyhooo, commotion ensued as we chased the thing around the room to murder it. The weirdesy bit was when we got the Dyson Vaccum cleaner out to try and suck it from the wall where it had run to. The vaccum was ON FULL POWER about a cm from the spider and it just clung on to the wall. FEAR. I couldn't help picturing myself frantically trying to remove it clinging to my face Aliens-style.

This is my story.
dunno about anyone else, but i thought the collapsing bed was going to make a comeback.

Saw a spider about 8" in diameter on the ceiling of our room while on honeymoon last month. Nearly ruined the holiday for me. And a smaller spider squared up to my husband in a very aggressive manner. I comforted myself with the thought that we don't get such fearsome beasts on these islands. But I've since discovered we do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back