Charlie Hebdo attack (1 Viewer)

I kind of see where they are coming from.

Charlie Hebdo would never have been considered for the award, if not for the horrendous murders. But maybe that's the point. I give up.

Glinner is fuming

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I kind of see where they are coming from.

Charlie Hebdo would never have been considered for the award, if not for the horrendous murders. But maybe that's the point. I give up.

Glinner is fuming

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Haha. Gwan, Graham, ya mad yoke.

Rachel Kushner's book is really very good.

Haha. Gwan, Graham, ya mad yoke.

Rachel Kushner's book is really very good.

Yeah I loved it.

Currently reading Junot Diaz and it's great too. And judging by the language in it, I doubt he's pro censorship in any way

diaz22_2331390a.jpg

Yeah I loved it.

Currently reading Junot Diaz and it's great too. And judging by the language in it, I doubt he's pro censorship in any way

diaz22_2331390a.jpg

That one he did about the Dominican fat kid was great

I knew I was missing like half the references though

He opened it with some riff on the Declaration but changed to reference the dictator. Mind-blowing stuff.

that anecdote is clearly nonsense; everyone knows france has no racism. anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't understand its sophisticated intellectual culture.

She uses a lot of words in it. No doubt the victims would have liked to still be using words.

Checkmate, haters.

Bit of a chip on her shoulder no?
are you FUCKING kidding me?

As for talk of French racism or not, the cartoonists were not shot for being racist but for drawing pictures of a historical character I doubt the killers were even aware of this supposed racism. That aside, being a racist is not sufficient reason to be shot.
Who said it was?

Did I read correctly that his defence appealed for life without parole and, to bolster their case, argued that life without parole would be a harsher penalty than death? I might have picked that up wrong, it sounded mad. I'd rather the death penalty than the rest of my life in a US prison. I suppose it'll take them years to get around to killing the poor fucker.

It's a logical enough argument, I can't imagine he'd be put in with the general prison population and I can imagine few things worse than staring at a wall for forty plus years.
The Guardian reckon its unlikely he'll actually ever be put to death while a victims family argue that the inevitable ongoing appeals will keep their pain alive, it's hard to argue with that (story is from late April).

Boston Marathon bomber unlikely to be executed – even if jury votes for death | World news | The Guardian

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back