Interesting tat (1 Viewer)

there are few bargains to be had in the record shops of dublin these day's I'm afraid.

these kids and their 'vinyls' have ruined it for everyone else.

Bring back the days where records could be had for cheap,and not as an investment but because it was good,or even looked like it might be worth a chance.

Or even better,you would find something and just buy it to give to a mate because they needed to hear it.

@Jill Hives I would also love that larder that I have no space whatsoever for. I've this ongoing internal discussion about getting the kitchen down to absolute calm minimum of everything kinda idea and in that imagined version of life I have something like that which i feed the entire household from.

@Jill Hives I would also love that larder that I have no space whatsoever for. I've this ongoing internal discussion about getting the kitchen down to absolute calm minimum of everything kinda idea and in that imagined version of life I have something like that which i feed the entire household from.
If you're thinking of re-doing your kitchen I highly recommend this book

Amazon product ASIN 0932767095

Oh, it totally needs some care and a bright colour like a Dublin door.
we got what something in a similar style which i think is called a flour station, which i stripped and painted - enamel top, for rolling dough. my wife has a notion to use it to place a sink into it, and use it in a bathroom. i don't think it's sturdy enough, alas.

the sales guy who originally sold me it told me it had come out of the convent in drumcondra, and had been used by mother teresa when she was there. i was able to remember enough to be able to tell him that it was rathfarnham she lived in when she was in ireland, not drumcondra. still, top marks for effort.

we got what something in a similar style which i think is called a flour station, which i stripped and painted - enamel top, for rolling dough. my wife has a notion to use it to place a sink into it, and use it in a bathroom. i don't think it's sturdy enough, alas.

the sales guy who originally sold me it told me it had come out of the convent in drumcondra, and had been used by mother teresa when she was there. i was able to remember enough to be able to tell him that it was rathfarnham she lived in when she was in ireland, not drumcondra. still, top marks for effort.
I like her style.

I never knew Mother Teresa lived in Ireland, let alone Rathfarnham.

these were very common in mid-century ireland I think.

Lots of older folk round me growing up had them. middle door folder down to provide a surface to work/bake off of (never heard the flour station but makes sense)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back