Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe (1 Viewer)

The bit with the guy explaining how politicians are corrupted went over my head. Was using the John Carpenter music supposed to be a joke, or was it supposed to serious? I can't tell what's satire and what's real anymore:confused:

Brooker's gonna love this.

Today skynews have a rolling counter of the national debt increasing. It started at zero this morning and updates every few seconds.

cunts.

recessioncounter.jpg

yeah, that gave me a chuckle yesterday.

I was thinking of starting a "Commentally Ill" thread. a bit like http://ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com/, but for Irish folks.

Commentally ill (com-mental-ly-ill) adj, To believe that airing one's views in either a newspaper column or the Have Your Say section accompanying the online version of said newspaper column is a meaningful activity.

Check this one from today's IT re Turkey joining the EU

"Having a mad busy day so can’t comment, but well done Irish Times! The new format is much better than the old. Really looks good. And far more open than Yes/No questions. Just one request: please, please, please, ease off on the censoring. The Guardian even allows bad language and sometimes those English cynics who particiapte on the Guardian blogs can really use cussing to great effect."
http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/outsidein/2009/04/06/european-turks/

Is it just me or no matter how enjoyable his guardian pieces are when I occasionally read them (though the various "ha ha everything is shit and I'm going to make snide comments about them" columnists they have in general do my head in) Brooker on TV seems to be a fucking smug arsehole.

Is it just me or no matter how enjoyable his guardian pieces are when I occasionally read them (though the various "ha ha everything is shit and I'm going to make snide comments about them" columnists they have in general do my head in) Brooker on TV seems to be a fucking smug arsehole.
i can see where you're coming from. he has a bit of an annoying voice and his face is stupid

i can see where you're coming from. he has a bit of an annoying voice and his face is stupid
What???He has a cool voice and a handsome face, you're both so wrong that it's depressing and worrying at the same time.
charliebrooker_lightbox.jpg

I think he puts it on quite a bit, in a BrassEye styleeeeee.

"THIS iS THE NEWS!"

What???He has a cool voice and a handsome face, you're both so wrong that it's depressing and worrying at the same time.
Uhm, I think that's about the only angle that has ever made Charlie Brooker look er, handsome.

I think I've been looking at this picture too long, his head and hands seem too big for his body... it's getting really creepy.

this weeks was a crappy highlights one because of his neck brace problem which is also why he hasn't doing any work for the guardian too.

Next weeks one will be the last of Newswipe

i'm going to have to kill you guys now

i posted that ages ago in the horn for thread. hands off, rita, i'm very territorial.

does anyone else wish tanya gold would just crawl into a cave and stfu? bring back charlie.

Just caught up on the last 2 newswipes and 3 comedy vehicles.
I don't get the smug. Very pleased with em, I was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back