Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe (1 Viewer)

ICUH8N

Anyone seen it yet? I caught the first one yesterday. It's pretty good, he seems to have taken some TV Presenter classes (good thing) but he's still a little bit forced and over-eager to say something funny about injecting heroin into your eye (not good) The whole thing was a little bit too knowing, but hilarious in parts ("Oh god, cry on it! yes, that's it!") and they talked at length about Giles Brandreth, an experience which was almost religious.

ICUH8N said:
Anyone seen it yet? I caught the first one yesterday. It's pretty good, he seems to have taken some TV Presenter classes (good thing) but he's still a little bit forced and over-eager to say something funny about injecting heroin into your eye (not good) The whole thing was a little bit too knowing, but hilarious in parts ("Oh god, cry on it! yes, that's it!") and they talked at length about Giles Brandreth, an experience which was almost religious.

I love Charlie Brooker when he writes in The Guide, has me pissing myself every weekend. I did feel however that he wasn't very good presenter material. It was good in parts...

It's a great show. Although being that cynical is probably detrimental to your health & well being. Make's for good TV all the same. And that's what matters.

Yeah, should be good.
I'm reading Dawn of the Dumb at the moment. It's a collection of his articles from the Guardian.
I was only reading last night his article on news coverage & how it's like "the world's most complex soap opera".

i was at the pilot recording of his new comedy panel show for radio 4 last week. it's based around the theme of failure. not sure if it's going to be picked up. it was pretty good. it was written for a pre watershed time slot so the humour was toned down. afterwards there was a massive queue of girls waiting to get his autograph. for all his talk of being a misanthrope and a reluctant celebrity he looked like he was loving the attention

i was at the pilot recording of his new comedy panel show for radio 4 last week. it's based around the theme of failure. not sure if it's going to be picked up. it was pretty good. it was written for a pre watershed time slot so the humour was toned down. afterwards there was a massive queue of girls waiting to get his autograph. for all his talk of being a misanthrope and a reluctant celebrity he looked like he was loving the attention

Would I Lie To You?
I had tickets to that but couldn't go.

I'd say Charlie needs to be handy with the shitty stick alright.

Would I Lie To You?
I had tickets to that but couldn't go.

I'd say Charlie needs to be handy with the shitty stick alright.
no it was called so wrong it's right. i think he's a guest on would i lie to you. he was hosting the one i went to. david mitchell was one of the guests. it was just the pilot so it may not even be aired. was an amusing hour and half.

edit: i got the tickets through a link on his twitter profile so it can be useful after all

no it was called so wrong it's right. i think he's a guest on would i lie to you. he was hosting the one i went to. david mitchell was one of the guests. it was just the pilot so it may not even be aired. was an amusing hour and half.

edit: i got the tickets through a link on his twitter profile so it can be useful after all

Shit, maybe my tickets are still good then.

Same format as Screenwipe except he's watching the news instead of entertainment shows.

So, yes.
It is good.

Charlie doing a Josef Fritzl visual gag followed by him showing complete & utter contempt for the Popes views that condoms aggravate the AIDS problem in Africa.

Quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back