Channel 4's news on the Leb/Israeli conflict compared to Sky (1 Viewer)

The wall really is a disgrace. When you see it it makes you feel so sick. Hopefully it will never get completed

Agreed.

By the way, I am interested to know what Israelis think about it. Do people in general support it? Do many people recognise what a travesty it is?

galloway is a loose cannon

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Agreed.

By the way, I am interested to know what Israelis think about it. Do people in general support it? Do many people recognise what a travesty it is?

The few people I asked want it removed, but they think twice since it is seen as some kind of protection against bombers

At the Roger Waters gig, he got a big cheer when telling the crowd to knock down the wall. Although at concerts most people cheer at anything said by the singers

Speaking of singers the twilight singers are coming at the end of the month - Yay!

Hezbollah have fired rockets into Israel before July 12th this year but as the evidence you yourself have provided, these have been almost completely aimed at military targets.

On suicide bombings: they mostly stopped doing this around 1986 (even then it was largely against occupying armies within Lebanon) and formally renounced it in 1999.

On the weapons thing: Their stated aim is not to kill Israeli civilians but to protect southern Lebanon from Israeli invasion, which is presumably what they need the weapons for. Now I am not so naive as to swallow all this this hook, line and sinker, but their behaviour between 2000 and July 12th this year would seem to back it up.

I am somewhat in agreement with you here in that the kidnappings were certainly an "excuse" for Israel to go on the offensive. But it's not about protecting Israeli citizens from terrorist attack (there were few terrorist attacks on them before July 12th, now there's loads), or even about rescuing the soldiers (this could easily have been achieved with a prisoner swap as has happened in the past). It's about attempting to neutralise and eliminate any group that has the capacity to militarily oppose Israel.

By the way, I agree with you about most Israelis wanting peace. I just think the terms under which they believe they can achieve it are completely unrealistic.

[/color][/size][/font]
A better reply then mine, then again I am lazy and left school at 15 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back