is gerrard the last one
not good enough im afraid
sack heighway

got your wish...

Heighway leaves Reds academy post

_42853971_heighway203.jpg

Heighway could stay on at
Anfield in another capacity

Steve Heighway will step down out as Liverpool's academy coach following the Reds' FA Youth Cup victory on Thursday.

Liverpool beat Manchester United on penalties in the final to seal their second successive triumph and Heighway said: "It's nice to go out like this."

Heighway, 60, has been in charge of Liverpool's youth set-up since 1989.

He brought through the likes of Steven Gerrard, Robbie Fowler and Michael Owen but the club's academy has recently been criticised by boss Rafael Benitez.

Heighway also enjoyed a glittering playing career at Anfield between 1970 and 1981 and has not ruled out staying on at the club if an appropriate job can be found.
o.gif

"I feel very emotional," he said. "It will be unbelievably difficult to go. I don't have to go but the time is right.

"I don't really have any plans for the future. Sometimes even boys need a new face. I have been around the staff here for 18 years now and maybe it is
time they listened to someone else.

"It is up to the club to decide whether they would like me to stay in some capacity.

"We have new owners who may not want me around. "But I have spent 29 years of my working life at Liverpool. If they have something of value they want me to do, that allows me the freedom to do some of the things I want to do, I would be more than happy to stick around."

yeah im happy
winning the youth cup means fuck all if none of them makke the grade

getting one over on manure is always a good thing tho

i watchhed these kids play a few times
that left winger is defo a better player than zenden
the chubby little fat fuck
i cant remember his name

carvalho's out for tuesday
crouch has to start

sissoko might be a better bet than mascherano - just sitting in front of the back four and destroying everything coming from midfield

benitez hinted that big sami might start ahead of agger to take care of drogba... not sure how i feel about that. agger got turned for the goal and looked very naive at times, carra was obviously worried about him. but at least he kept up with drogba all evening... sami's looked off the pace this season

gonzalez better get the left wing
kuyt and crouch up front
gerrard on the right with pennant on for kuyt if chelski play it narrow - it'll depend on how adventurous cole is feeling

mon the reds
crouchino for the hat-trick

carvalho's out for tuesday
crouch has to start

sissoko might be a better bet than mascherano - just sitting in front of the back four and destroying everything coming from midfield

benitez hinted that big sami might start ahead of agger to take care of drogba... not sure how i feel about that. agger got turned for the goal and looked very naive at times, carra was obviously worried about him. but at least he kept up with drogba all evening... sami's looked off the pace this season

gonzalez better get the left wing
kuyt and crouch up front
gerrard on the right with pennant on for kuyt if chelski play it narrow - it'll depend on how adventurous cole is feeling

mon the reds
crouchino for the hat-trick

bellamy ahead of gonzo please benny
no fucking zenden
and crouch better play

bellamy ahead of gonzo please benny
no fucking zenden
and crouch better play
i think the team on saturday will give us a hint.... i reckon insua won't start.....

anyone see that game? i just saw higlights. the youngsters look alright?

arbeloa had another shocker
insua looked very promising

if riise plays left midfield it's between insua (against essien and j.cole?) and arbeloa for left back
edit: by this i mean - no fucking chance of an 18 year old argentinian who's had one half decent showing against portsmouth playing instead of a real madrid/deportivo player whose taken messi out of two games, scored a great goal, and linked up brilliantly with pennant to do arsenal in already. arbeloa to start LB for me...

(or maybe agger in LB with hyppia in the middle. but you can't be too defensive in the first half. )

but, if riise plays left back then it's between gonzo, bellamy, and zenden (jesus god no) for left mid.

i have butterflies already

not convinced by arbeloa.... is finnan fit again?
3 at the back rafa. let big sami kick that drogba fucker.

i saw it liverpool were cack all over the park
woeful showing

im off to liverpool tonight
no ticket yet
looking doubtful
soak up the scouse atmosphere
mon the pool

Fuck it c'mon!!! We can take these fuckers. Its a home game and Ballack, Shevshenko and Carvalho are out. All to play for.

Nothing helps more when I'm in work then an important match on......5 live rox my box!

you get it down in dublin?
i usually lose the signal around dundalk. is it on a different frequency? it's 909 in the uk and n.ireland

you get it down in dublin?
i usually lose the signal around dundalk. is it on a different frequency? it's 909 in the uk and n.ireland
it's on digital isn't it? janer has all the trix. you can't get it on ordinary raydee-o but.

Here I'm still officially on my holiday, I may come along and cheer you on against the scum. Cassidy's is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back