champions league semis (2 Viewers)

so zenden didnt cross a ball all evening but what he did do was hold the ball up, link well and i thought he brought his experience to the game - how many times did ferr...fierr...ah that fuckin geebag at right back for chel$ki get forward? and bolos peno was top notch. we would have been far more open with gonzo on the wing.

throughly deserved win. one team tried to play football and they were wearing red.
chelseas long/high ball to drogba was boring as fuck and deserved no reward.

outstanding free kick routine for aggers goal. whoever cam eup with that is a fuckin legend! ;)

christ...just listening to jose there as i type...he thought chelsea deserved it. :D
hes gone mad. hey special one....pack your suitcase

i'm still fuckin delerious
60% pool winning
40% showing chelscum that you can't buy class
mascherano was man of the match. he was everywhere
chelsea fuck off
it's only on loan, it's only on loan
in athens, greece, we bring it back home

Wish I'd seen it but pleased with the result.
"We were the best team even against a team playing only in the Champions League."
Whingey sour grapes from our Chelsea pal.
They're one place behind you in the league, one ahead of you in europe, Mr Carling Cup.

whats this you were telling me about your dream final would be chelsea v man u with chelsea just nicking it. you said that to me last week. do you not remember? and that your favourite player is robben.
I was in Japan last week rampz, so I couldn't have been talking to you. Cop the fuck on.

havent read any of this thread.
been outta touch recently.
heres my contribution.

FUCKING YES!!

ah chelsea,as good as lost the league on saturday and now this...."cheerio cheerio cheerio" :)
and to cap it off ManURe to beat City this weekend so then if we draw or beat Chelski, Cashley Cole woulda lost the title at our place!!! he would surely cry or get married to a Posh wannabe ......oh.

Congrats The 'Pool

congrats to all liverpool fans, completely deserved to go through. mascherano was unbelievable last night. Its gas that when mourinhos tactics dont go right he doesnt get any stick for it. Yet when they come good he is the special one. In the first leg a lot of chelseas play was on the ground to drogba and he could hold off agger and do something with it. Last night mourinho wanted the high long ball to be played and agger and carragher dominated and drogba could do nothing. Being a manu fan it pains me to cheer on liverpool. Even during the match i was still undecided on who i wanted to win, but the constant diving and moaning to the ref made me cheer on liverpool. Good to see the pool just get on with the game and mascherano kick lumps out of them. God i wish he had signed for manu!

totally agree about Mascherano, for someone who was on a yellow card from the start he got stuck in from the first minute, never doubting his ability to get the ball. Only slightly disappointing thing is some of his passing.

But Pennant had neither, despite a few good crosses last night he pulls out of 90% of challenges and doesn't pass greatly either. Defence were incredible last night, Agger was like a new man and Carragher and Finnan were as good as ever. I actually like Rise back there too.

For a striker Kuyt covers some amount of ground all over the pitch. Crouch and Bellamy were pretty invisible. Alonso was a great sub to make, in fact he was spot on timing wise with his subs last night. Fowler for the possible 5th peno woulda been sweet too. Hope he comes on late in the Final.

the masch was great..his short game was a bit all over the place, but he was pinging long balls into the corner with incredible accuracy. i thought pennant got into the game, played okay. clearly him and cashley have some previous. zenden was sticking his boot in where he could, but he was poor with the ball. he basically was in the team to swap with riise, and they did that alright. gonzo wouldn't have had the bottle, perhaps, or the experience. clearly if aurelio was fit.....

masch and gerrard were great, and agger is twice the player he was before the stamford bridge game. even reina played well....

anfield is the 12th man, no doubt about it.

totally agree about Mascherano, for someone who was on a yellow card from the start he got stuck in from the first minute, never doubting his ability to get the ball. Only slightly disappointing thing is some of his passing.

He had a really poor start, gave the ball away the first 3 times he got on the ball and I was thinking that not playing Alonso may have been a mistake from Mr. Potato Head but he turned it around brilliantly and I thought he was the man of the match.

None of the Liverpool players were bad whereas Chelsea got nothing from some of their players, either due to pool players nullifying them (Drogba) or them just doing nothing (fatso, Kalou, lots of others).

Oh and Kuyt was level when Xabi hit that shot.

great news! harry kewell is match-fit and played in the reserves 3-1 win over everton on monday! reports say he is looking as sharp as ever! here's hoping he'll start the final before limping off after 8 minutes!

ah c'mon Dave, Crossbar, a legitimate goal ruled offside and that one where he just failed to pull the trigger in ET cos his legs were gone. Hardly the sign of an off form striker, unlucky as fuck more like even if it was frustrating.

Also kept his cool to stick away the winning peno which only a natural striker can do. He'll get better too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back