Celebrity Creeps Thread (6 Viewers)

One of the top comments on that was something like 'this guy probably has CTE' which i then googled.

The symptoms of CTE include memory loss, confusion, impaired judgment, impulse control problems, aggression, depression, anxiety, suicidality, parkinsonism, and, eventually, progressive dementia. These symptoms often begin years or even decades after the last brain trauma or end of active athletic involvement.

Which he should probably look into along with some kind of anger managment stuff.

One of the top comments on that was something like 'this guy probably has CTE' which i then googled.

Which he should probably look into along with some kind of anger managment stuff.
This overlaps quite specifically with aspects of my work (not involving him but very adjacent) but I imagine that there’s probably a strong disposition towards beating the heads off people to begin with given that he’s a professional fighter. I can talk more at the Thumped Christmas Party.

This overlaps quite specifically with aspects of my work (not involving him but very adjacent) but I imagine that there’s probably a strong disposition towards beating the heads off people to begin with given that he’s a professional fighter. I can talk more at the Thumped Christmas Party.

Aye. And he's barely a proffessional fighter any more these days.

suicidality?

I'm an internet doctor, not a miracle worker.

tVpBQqsYFaJWpvBAAJw8RQ.jpg

Different gloves though, and sometimes its a knee foot or elbow to the head.
Allegedly the lighter gloves mean you can't throw digs into the head as hard, and in general result in less concussion inducing blows.

Also... allegedly... the real damage starts when you get small bleeds on top of not fully healed concussions. Sports like NFL or Ice hockey would be very bad in this respect, because they get small concussions frequently and can't really rest between outings. A regular boxer would get more blows to the head than a MMA type too I'd thing.

When I was living with coke heads the saying went "coke turns assholes into bigger assholes.". I've a feeling Conor had a head start in this area. Basically his heart will blow up when he's about 50, al la Gerry Ryan if he's on the aul snow. Or he'll go absolutely apeshit, and do a murdering spree, al la rakes of hockey and NFL players if it's CTE. Or he'll simply sink into Parkinson's gracefully.

yeah, i read the same - traditional boxing gloves just add a lot of weight to the impact and are much less likely to cause blood injuries, so cause more invisible damage and less visible damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back