www.skinnywolves.com
Skinny Wolves Club

NEXT THURSDAY

TERA:TORA
Blood Red Shoes
Cap Pas Cap
w/ Skinny Wolves DJ's
"Art Rocking Music to Dance to....
Music from the Post-Punk, No/New wave, Krautrock eras and everything it has inspired and influenced since..."

Thursday 29th September
The Hub, Temple Bar, Dublin
9pm - 2.30am / 8e

TERATORA-500.gif

///TERA:TORA
///Website : http://profile.myspace.com/11502314
///MP3: Style
(streaming file)

teraphototora.jpg

///About
:
TERA:TORA have existed for about 5 months. i this time the drummer has had numerous hair cuts and fallouts, the bass player has broken more strings than he has had birthdays (thats a lot) and the guitarist shaun has only had his hair cut once. Shaun was once in the band the murder of rosa luxemburg where he was falsely accused of having his hair cut far to often, but these were definitely unfounded rumors. Anyway back to the story. The murder of toured ireland, broke down, played to no one, and had the worse day in there collective lives in a little town called charville. After IRELAND the murder of went to europe, had lots of fun with many bands and returned home to play two shows with minus the bear and then not do much ever again.WHY? well shaun is still not sure, but two new bands have now emerged from the previous. Scarecrows (featuring joel and andy of the murder of) and TERA:TORA in which shaun is now playing guitar and singing. TERA:TORA are completed by Jonny stafford (ex murder of roadie and photographer extraordinaire) and thomas seston. So what else?

They sound like big bass with the spikiest guitars and best drummer you ever heard/seen, kicking out the jams of punk or the old no-wave scene. Think television or even contortions mixing it up with the likes of talking heads or the mekons, though looser of course! This show is the last of their IRISH shows so come check the party, it will be fun. TERA:TORA will be releasing there first 7inch/CD at the end of OCTOBER on peralta records.

They have played with Weird War, Oxes, Wives, Gravy Train etc...

teratora-group.jpg

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

///Blood Red Shoes
///Website: www.catonform.co.uk/bloodredshoes/index.htm
///MP3: Bless His Heart / Don't Always Say Yes
(Taken from debut 7")

band_bloodredshoes_01280.jpg

///About
:
Once upon a time Ginger Rogers had to re-do a tap dance scene so many times that the camera man asked whether she’d changed out of her white shoes into some red ones. She hadn’t. It turned out she’d danced so hard they were covered in blood.

Blood Red Shoes is two people, Laura-Mary, who wishes she was Spanish but lives in London, and Steven who wishes he was French but lives in Brighton. After their previous bands ceased activity (Lady Muck and Cat On Form respectively) in late 2004 they got together for a jam for fun, Steven took up the drum kit and Laura-Mary played her guitar. It was loud for just two people.

That day the first song was written with no singing, someone at the Freebutt in Brighton asked them to play in two weeks’ time, they stayed up all night emailing each other back and forth figuring out a name to go on the flyer, and a band was born. They got together and wrote two more songs, threw together some makeshift words and played the first set with three songs. Off the back of that more gigs were offered, then Jonson Family Records offered to release a 7” single (comes out in July in black and red marbled vinyl). The makeshift words have stayed, the playing has got better, more and more songs have been written and a lot of live shows have been played. So far only three people have offered to play bass (no thanks) and no one has danced hard enough to bleed at any of the gigs.

Blood Red Shoes likes Babes in Toyland, Q and not U, cake, chocolate, childishness, Delta 5, zombies and horror, Nirvana, The Bangles, blood and gore, cups of tea, good shoes, dancing, knives, Huggy Bear, having as much fun as you can each day in case it’s your last.

Useful information

• Laura-Mary Carter, Guitar, Vocals

(previously of London riot grrl types Lady Muck)
  • Steven Ansell, Drums, Vocals

(previously of Brighton post-hardcore types Cat On Form)
The band have played gigs with kaito, sons & daughters, an albatross, stop it!, q and not u, the go! team, etc.

Road Records have the 7" in stock here if you'd like to buy it.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

///Cap Pas Cap
///Website:
www.cappascap.net
///MP3: untitled live song (real player streaming)

party-photo.gif

///about:

Cap Pas Cap attempt pop with devasting results. Noise-damaged shifting guitars, sinuous rhythms, energised percussion & soaring feedback. Abrasive yet melodic. They were made in a magic factory with machines. Run! Run!
They have played with Les Georges Leningrad, E+S=B & La Quiete

=================

Ps: if thats not enough, the hub has got some great tasty cheap bottles of strong polish beer for sale too....

=================

Coming Next:

Minus The Bear
& Guests
w/ Skinny Wolves Dj's

Skinny Wolves Club
The Hub, Temple Bar, Dublin
Thursday 27th October.
9-2.30am

Minus The Bear
www.minusthebear.com
Ex-members of Botch, Kill Sadie, Sharks Keep Moving, and producer Matt Bayles (Isis, Mastodon, The Blood Brothers).

more details soon at:
www.skinnywolves.com/club

blood red shoes sound good.cat on form were supposedly great weren't they?never heard of the headliners though.will this gig be good sober coz i cant afford to pay in and smuggle in a naggon even?

hermie said:
will this gig be good sober coz i cant afford to pay in and smuggle in a naggon even?
meta said:
you will most likely hit the bar after the cap pas cap proformance. they have been practising for this show since fromever, it is their bug beak.

hermie, i put meta's reply through babelfish and i think he is trying to say "steal pints"

other wise... i dont' know...

Heard Tera Tora were great in Belfast....

Check out their MP3 on their site

" They sound like big bass with the spikiest guitars and best drummer you ever heard/seen, kicking out the jams of punk or the old NO-WAVE scene. Think TELEVISION or even CONTORTIONS mixing it up with the likes of TALKING HEADS or the MEKONS, though looser of course!"

can't wait!

rothko said:
If Terra Tora make Contortions even cross my mind briefly tonight it will be worth it.

same here.
i missed contortions at atp as just before they were going to play i got a whole bottle of whiskey and coke spilled all over and into my camcorder so had to rush back to chalet to try and sort it out. bad bad bad times.

tera tora... belfast people have good reports... what were they like up north?

Re: Minus the Bear...

Anyone know if this will be a "pay at the door" affair or otherwise?

swingkid said:
same here.
i missed contortions at atp as just before they were going to play i got a whole bottle of whiskey and coke spilled all over and into my camcorder so had to rush back to chalet to try and sort it out. bad bad bad times.

tera tora... belfast people have good reports... what were they like up north?

They were AWESOME at ATP.
Yes, I recall the sticky camcorder incident...so sad.

zebra heart attack said:
Good sweaty fun! Pity about no blood red shoes.

nice shots again!

yeah blood red shoes was a shame. last minute cancellation. first steve got his passport stolen and second laura had work trouble...

steve's other band projections should be over in a few months though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back