Car Boot Sales (1 Viewer)

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
Where do I find out where these happen?

In particular, this weekend - are there any going on around Dublin?

Actually I just found a site that lists them ...

I need to know which are the big ones though. Anyone know? I don't want the ones that have 5 cars in them ...

On a related note, does anyone know anyone who attends an African Evangelist Church?

Actually I just found a site that lists them ...

I need to know which are the big ones though. Anyone know? I don't want the ones that have 5 cars in them ...

On a related note, does anyone know anyone who attends an African Evangelist Church?
Is that the one in Manor street?

The big markets are Santry, Fairyhouse and Balbriggan (useless except for dodgy Dvds).
The whitehouse market near Finglas has started up again, dont know what size it is yet though

Thanks everyone ...

spawell car park every sunday.

started a few weeks back. The place is mobbed every week since.

Ok ... might check that out ...

Is that the one in Manor street?

Don't know. I know there is a few of them around the place ... but I'm not sure where.

The big markets are Santry, Fairyhouse and Balbriggan (useless except for dodgy Dvds).
The whitehouse market near Finglas has started up again, dont know what size it is yet though

It's specifically car boots I am after ... not general market stalls ....

Harolds Cross Greyhound Track - every 1st and 3rd sunday i think. Lots of cars...well i dunno 50 plus anyway. full of mentally ill horders selling cds that came free with newspapers and old margo cassette tapes.

Sounds ideal ....

If that site is the one I'm thinking of,then a fair bit of the info on it is pretty dated.

bootflea.com?

Are you flogging off junk yourself?

No .... though I suppose you never know ...

Keep it coming!

There was one set up recently at Dolly Heffernans pub,I think it's on the back roads between finglas and Blanchardstown.

There was one set up recently at Dolly Heffernans pub,I think it's on the back roads between finglas and Blanchardstown.

Oh yeah .. I know that place .. cheers

I was only there once a few months ago so I'm not too sure what it's like now, I'll ask around tomorrow.

Ferryhouse Racecourse was biggest but I'm not sure if its still on. There does be an ok one in St Brigids/St Marys in Glasnevin not sure if its on this weekend or what ever. Shit time of year for them though. Kart City in santry is another one .

There all pretty shit compared to Ebay

Where's that?

take the exit off the M50 for Templeogue (the one beside the basketball arena), head in the direction of templeogue (basically, turn left off the motorway if you're heading south, right if you're heading north). The next roundabout you come to is the spawell roundabout. You'll see it from there. Basically, left then left again.

It's a good thing I like Boney M and Bucks Fizz or these things would have nothing for me

well I did get a prince cd single at a carboot sale in the middle of a field in wexford so that was ok.

The Harold's X one is probably one of the better in Dublin, there's a decent book stall there, managed to pick up a copy of Shock Doctrine as part of a three for a euro deal, and a deadly chest. Blackhorse Ave is okay for random finds, but you'd make your way through it in minutes and really, there is a big hint of desperation off it. Santry is a total waste of time, only went once and there was barely a handful of stalls. If you've the desire, definitely head down to the Kilkenny Market (see: http://kilkennycarboot.homestead.com/ ) proper massive set up, big huge greasy spoon cafe, lots of carpet sellers, lots of pirated DVDs, a selection of knock off trackies and leather jackets to shame the Liberties Market into closure. And best of all, best of all - best of all is the rival country and western singers, Texan hats on the head, cassette tapes all over the ground, standing row with the din of their misery blaring out over hastily put together speaker systems in the most incongrous sound clash ever.

The Harold's X one is probably one of the better in Dublin, there's a decent book stall there, managed to pick up a copy of Shock Doctrine as part of a three for a euro deal, and a deadly chest. Blackhorse Ave is okay for random finds, but you'd make your way through it in minutes and really, there is a big hint of desperation off it. Santry is a total waste of time, only went once and there was barely a handful of stalls. If you've the desire, definitely head down to the Kilkenny Market (see: http://kilkennycarboot.homestead.com/ ) proper massive set up, big huge greasy spoon cafe, lots of carpet sellers, lots of pirated DVDs, a selection of knock off trackies and leather jackets to shame the Liberties Market into closure. And best of all, best of all - best of all is the rival country and western singers, Texan hats on the head, cassette tapes all over the ground, standing row with the din of their misery blaring out over hastily put together speaker systems in the most incongrous sound clash ever.

Cheers .... I went to Harold X at the weekend. I wasn't planning on buying anything but still came away with an old lightmeter (2 Euro) and an enormous bag of potatoes (2 Euro).

Kilkenny sounds great .. thanks for the tip.

Anyone know of any out west? Connemara/Galway direction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back