Cancelled (3 Viewers)

0bc2af81c8dadb847c13470c034191ebde94fdfbf4d5f6cbd1f382ddedcb004d_1.jpg

Very hilarious story about the new Cleopatra on Netflix

Current casting is a mixed race English lady.
The reaction in Egypt and Egyptologists seems to be "Hey, we know what we/Egyptians fucking look like. All Africans do not look the same. Stop trying to solve this western obsession with race with our historical stories"

Like on one hand it doesn't matter what race anyone is cast as. Dev Patel was a great David Copperfield.

It seems what's not sitting right is the idea of Hollywood correcting some misconception or something about Cleopatra's ethnicity (apparently she was ethnically Greek?). Or overcorrecting from having Liz Taylor do it.

But also could be that these Egyptologists are a bunch of dickheads that don't like being called black. Who fucking knows?

1683903780047.png

More or less completely unimportant, but no less hilarious for all that.

Cleopatra was as far as i remember about 3 generations down from the gang of people who were left ruling mini states after the conquest empire of alexander the great fell apart on his death. They all started infighting and setup all thier own little dynasties. I only sorta learned anything about it recently but his imprint is on so many things, it's mad.

Cleopatra was as far as i remember about 3 generations down from the gang of people who were left ruling mini states after the conquest empire of alexander the great fell apart on his death. They all started infighting and setup all thier own little dynasties. I only sorta learned anything about it recently but his imprint is on so many things, it's mad.

Carthaginians are ethnically from Castleknock

I saw it in a film

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back