can (4 Viewers)

depends what kinda can you want

theres the more ambienty ethereal stuff like future days, with damo suzuki on vocals, or the more rockin' propulsive early stuff like monster movie.

i think monster movie is probably the place to start, just cos it's got yoo doo right. their best song i think.

any of the lps with malcom mooney or damo singing are grand, avoid the latter 70's ones with michael karoli on vocals - mostly poop

thegoone said:
what are the later seventies ones? (the poop ones)

so far peeps have said monster movies, future days and tago mago
get cannibalism 1, its a best of yoke with mother sky on it. amazing song.

if you ever buy the dvd can thing, which is deadly, don't watch the bit when they are jamming like, nowadays, it's compeletly shit. hilariously bad.

Re. Tago Mago: Yeah, except you have to sit through / skip 'Om' which is like listening to 'revolution number 9' or something. i.e. not much cop in my opinion. I think all the earlier albums are great and also 'Saw Delight' ( which is a 'later' one ).

I reckon Future Days is the one to get because it's the only one where ALL the tracks are brilliant. Canibalism is a great compilation but some of the longer songs are truncated on it.

boigaz said:
Re. Tago Mago: Yeah, except you have to sit through / skip 'Om' which is like listening to 'revolution number 9' or something. i.e. not much cop in my opinion. I think all the earlier albums are great and also 'Saw Delight' ( which is a 'later' one ).

I reckon Future Days is the one to get because it's the only one where ALL the tracks are brilliant. Canibalism is a great compilation but some of the longer songs are truncated on it.

Future Days is so in the top 3 of my top 10 albums to get smoked too

Whats number one then, Zaireeka?

I was just about to type 'I can't believe you have a top 10 albums to smoke to list', then I realised I could totaly believe it.

Pantone247 said:
Future Days is so in the top 3 of my top 10 albums to get smoked too

start with the double cd "anthology" it gives ya a good overview....

then get monster movie, tago mago, ege bam yasi, future days and soundtracks. apparently the first album after damo left (soon over babaluma?) is good but i aint heard it. my fave tunes i reckon are halleluwah, sing swan song, bel air, mother sky and you doo right....

watched this last night.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

fucking amazing. loads of great moments, but especially Jaki Liebzeit's drumming on the Old Grey Whistle Test. bloody awesome. Generally a great bunch of really interesting lads that were influenced pretty much by nobody except the people that they played music with.

only own and have listened to Tago Mago, Delay 1968 and Future Days. with pretty much 3 or 4 years i reckon between each purchase of each album so its been a gradual introduction to them. with new reissues out now must pick up a few more in the new year.

go CAN!

also, someone was knocking the later can tunes in this documentary earlier in the thread. (11 or 12 years earlier). presuming its the same documentary..love the later day can tunes featured in it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back