Call for any queer girl bands/singers!! (1 Viewer)

personally i think the mobo's are ridiculous as music of black origin is in no way marginalised in my opinion. why are there no mowo's?

snap-apple said:
personally i think the mobo's are ridiculous as music of black origin is in no way marginalised in my opinion. why are there no mowo's?
I'm sure ragnarok would love it if there were.

But yeah, mobos = stee-ooo-pid.

Ladyfest = .|..|

Lesbofest = .|..|

i'm gonna re-form my lesbian hardcore band for this.

then i'm gonna curate gingerfest. featuring me, the wildhearts, deep blue something... er...

ITalkShite said:
But yeah, mobos = stee-ooo-pid.

Ladyfest = .|..|

Lesbofest = .|..|

yessum - if it's for the right reasons i.e. encouraging creativity\sense of community etc. among marginalised groups (or folk that feel they're marginalised) then that's great.

edit: really walking on eggshells here... y'know i wasn't serious about mowo's right? just illustrating what a silly notion the mobo's are. maybe they had a place once.

Not the same. Country music awards make a distinction based on a music genre, not on an irrelevant personal characteristic of the person performing.

reading all this with interest...

one thing you might be forgetting is that maybe we are cool with our sexuality, maybe we don't feel discriminated against, maybe we can go out anywhere anytime and pull, maybe we're in a loving relationship and don't want/need to do that, maybe we don't feel marginalised, threatened, unsafe, ghettoised and all these negative victimised things... we still might just like to have a few queer girl bands play just so we can have that buzz of this being about us instead of us just liking some band and happening to be there at a gig and everyone is cool with that and not bothering us at all because of our sexuality, hair colour or whatever
maybe we get so tired and worn down with always relating to just one or two things in the straight song (book, film, picture) and having in our heads to switch him for her or something like that or to fill in the things that this song is almost suggesting for us but not quite...
maybe we want to have for one night this glorious privilege that you guys have all the time of being able to see hear listen feel the stuff that is part and parcel of our everyday lives but that we hardly ever see - straight people must be sick of constantly being bombarded with imagery of themselves of life and love and family and community used to sell everything from teabags to cars and used to entertain 24-7 whereas we can be starved of just that... the day to day going along about your business with a song in the background that's about your life or a picture on a street billboard that's about your life or a programme on the radio thats about your life...
maybe as a band it would be a wonderful thrilling experience to play live and have the audience know exactly what you are saying and respond one hundred percent to what you are one hundred percent about - instead of just 90 or 70 or 60 percent - maybe this could be your chance to play out loud all things you want and that you don't even realise you leave out some little subtleties at all the straight gigs until you've played a queer girls gig and can tell the difference

gay girl said:
reading all this with interest...

one thing you might be forgetting is that maybe we are cool with our sexuality, maybe we don't feel discriminated against, maybe we can go out anywhere anytime and pull, maybe we're in a loving relationship and don't want/need to do that, maybe we don't feel marginalised, threatened, unsafe, ghettoised and all these negative victimised things... we still might just like to have a few queer girl bands play just so we can have that buzz of this being about us instead of us just liking some band and happening to be there at a gig and everyone is cool with that and not bothering us at all because of our sexuality, hair colour or whatever
maybe we get so tired and worn down with always relating to just one or two things in the straight song (book, film, picture) and having in our heads to switch him for her or something like that or to fill in the things that this song is almost suggesting for us but not quite...
maybe we want to have for one night this glorious privilege that you guys have all the time of being able to see hear listen feel the stuff that is part and parcel of our everyday lives but that we hardly ever see - straight people must be sick of constantly being bombarded with imagery of themselves of life and love and family and community used to sell everything from teabags to cars and used to entertain 24-7 whereas we can be starved of just that... the day to day going along about your business with a song in the background that's about your life or a picture on a street billboard that's about your life or a programme on the radio thats about your life...
maybe as a band it would be a wonderful thrilling experience to play live and have the audience know exactly what you are saying and respond one hundred percent to what you are one hundred percent about - instead of just 90 or 70 or 60 percent - maybe this could be your chance to play out loud all things you want and that you don't even realise you leave out some little subtleties at all the straight gigs until you've played a queer girls gig and can tell the difference
:) :) :)
Awesome.

yay gay girl.
(although im now thinking of rhona camerons 'just becasue' rant on celebrity jungle two years ago ;) )
anyway.
well said.
personally i 99% dont feel marginalised or sad or pissed off about being gay- i just am and ive dealt with it and all is well with the world.
i love music- and there are loads of bands who we could put on stage in the g for the alaf festival.
but as gay girl said- its a buzz to listen to women up there who are pretty much talking the same language as is in your head...the lesbo language (!!)
and its not spoken by many people (bit like irish) and you just get used to not hearing it -so when someone else speaks it- its gorgeous.

and so.
there is a call out there for any queer girl bands/singers to play.

and yes to pre-empt the witticisms- the lesbo language has alot of tongue movement.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back